Thread: JVC HD 52Z575 2 Big Thumbs UP!

Thumbs up JVC HD 52Z575 2 Big Thumbs UP!

For those of you looking at new hi-def TVs.... I strongly recommend giving this TV a good look

I have had this model for a few months now and I could not be happier (and as many of you know, it takes a LOT to impress me)

I had a few minor problems with the TV right out of the box, but JVC support was outstanding and they sent a senior level tech to fix the minor problems, all of which were associated with handling/shipping. The result has far exceeded my expectations for the TV and it was very refreshing to see a company as large as JVC stand behind their exceptional product and offer support that went way beyond typical standards... even I was surprised at this level of support

I am happy to give this TV a well deserved recommendation...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

David,

I'm definitely considering it (there are some great prices on it out there). It looks like they pulled their version with a tuner and cablecard in favor of rolling those additions into a new model for the summer. (Or so it seems from conversations on AVS)

I read an interesting piece on AVS about placing a .2 or .3 ND filter in front of the bulb to get more pure blacks from the image.

David, what do you think of the black level on the JVC?

Hi Brad,

I think the black levels are quite good, especially after proper calibration (with a little help from Avia)...

Just last night I turned off the 4:3 420p overide on my Motorola/Comcast HD box and now even SD broadcasts (digital channels) look great.

Great TV!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Cool. It keep sounding like a good choice.

Any comments on the fan noise (particularly when using just the TV speakers)?