Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-2EX!!!

Default Re: Sierra-2EX Klippel NFS Measurements!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Alleric,

The other posters are correct, there is absolutely no difference between the Sierra-1 crossover used in the left/right models and the center version. The same for Sierra-2EX. For both Sierra-1 and Sierra-2EX centers, we rotate the tweeter 90 degrees for proper horizontal dispersion and we also include a full length grille instead of the standard 3/4 length.

thanks!
    Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Mr. Fabrikant,

Regarding the S2EX, with the quality of the woofer and tweet being bumped severely, were any upgrades also made to the individual components of the crossover? Or is it similar in quality to the components of the S1 crossovers? The S1 page has a picture of the crossovers, so a bit can be gleaned, but there's no parallel image for the S2EX's. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleric View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Mr. Fabrikant,

Regarding the S2EX, with the quality of the woofer and tweet being bumped severely, were any upgrades also made to the individual components of the crossover? Or is it similar in quality to the components of the S1 crossovers? The S1 page has a picture of the crossovers, so a bit can be gleaned, but there's no parallel image for the S2EX's. Thank you in advance.
    Sierra-2EX crossover is an overall more advanced crossover with regard to the filters themselves. It uses metallized polypropylene film capacitors, air-core inductors with very large diameter wire and NRX ceramic resistors (NRX = Non-Inductive) It really doesn't get much better....

IMG_3583.jpg
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Sierra-2EX crossover is an overall more advanced crossover with regard to the filters themselves. It uses metallized polypropylene film capacitors, air-core inductors with very large diameter wire and NRX ceramic resistors (NRX = Non-Inductive) It really doesn't get much better....

IMG_3583.jpg
    Dave, will the updated website include info on the crossovers for each model?

Speaking of updated websites........ are we there yet?!!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post

I was wondering about that too! Dave said he's gonna use one of my pics on the new site so I've been kinda looking out for it.

I am curious as to what type of info you are referring to with regard to crossovers?

New site is just around the corner, the back end is all set and fully functional, just waiting for me to review some items, tweak content etc. I am concerned about going "live" for the holiday season as there will likely be some downtime in the changeover.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I am curious as to what type of info you are referring to with regard to crossovers?

New site is just around the corner, the back end is all set and fully functional, just waiting for me to review some items, tweak content etc. I am concerned about going "live" for the holiday season as there will likely be some downtime in the changeover.
    Dave, I'm just referring to consistency across the models. As mentioned, the Sierra-1's crossover is pictured with descriptive bulleted text, but no mention of the crossovers for Sierra-2 or EX. I know I like to see consistency in each speaker model's product pages as far as type of info and layout so you can more readily navigate to what you want to see and it makes comparisons easier.

As far as going "live" with the holiday season upon us, I can totally understand that could be disruptive if not implemented correctly. I just saw another manufacturer's website go live with their updated site and it is a major leap forward, so I was getting antsy!
    Ed

* (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6

Dave, I'm just referring to consistency across the models. As mentioned, the Sierra-1's crossover is pictured with descriptive bulleted text, but no mention of the crossovers for Sierra-2 or EX. I know I like to see consistency in each speaker model's product pages as far as type of info and layout so you can more readily navigate to what you want to see and it makes comparisons easier.

As far as going "live" with the holiday season upon us, I can totally understand that could be disruptive if not implemented correctly. I just saw another manufacturer's website go live with their updated site and it is a major leap forward, so I was getting antsy!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks for the feedback!
    You're welcome! Hope it is taken as constructive/helpful.

Hope you have a enjoyable Thanksgiving, as well as all the forum members!
    Ed

* (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Sierra-2EX has now been upgraded to Sierra-2EX V2!

Please see here for further details: Sierra-2EX V2
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com