Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-2EX!!!

Default Re: Sierra-2EX Klippel NFS Measurements!

Hey all!

Quick question - looking to upgrade my HT and music experience

Currently have a 2.1 setup with the 170s and rhythmik LV12F. Currently paired with a denon x1400h in a 20x20 room.

I’d be looking to add the Sierra 2ex for my LCR. Would my receiver be enough to power this new setup? Also assuming the 170s would be fine for my surrounds to complete my 5.1?

Thanks!

I’d be adding

Quote Originally Posted by Jthorpe View Post
    Hey all!

Currently have a 2.1 setup with the 170s and rhythmik LV12F. Currently paired with a denon x1400h in a 20x20 room.

I’d be looking to add the Sierra 2ex for my LCR. Would my receiver be enough to power this new setup? Also assuming the 170s would be fine for my surrounds to complete my 5.1?

Thanks!

I’d be adding
    It would really depend on your listening levels because the 170s are about ~5dbs more efficient. With your current sub I think you'll be fine but without it the S2...dig deeper and rated about 86db for in room.... otherwise for moderate levels you'll be fine and the 170s would nicely complement the S2 for surround duties.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    It would really depend on your listening levels because the 170s are about ~5dbs more efficient. With your current sub I think you'll be fine but without it the S2...dig deeper and rated about 86db for in room.... otherwise for moderate levels you'll be fine and the 170s would nicely complement the S2 for surround duties.
    Awesome thanks - I definitely don’t go too loud.

Would your response change if I went with the Sierra horizon for the center? Sorry I’m really bad at understanding speaker sensitivities and power requirements

The towers or horizon are certainly more efficient speakers...I personally think you'd be fine with that Denon unit. I'm currently using a low profile Marantz NR 1700 @ ~50watts per channel because of space limitations in my credenza...I've not had any issue arise coming from my larger Anthem receiver...with a sub, honestly you shouldn't have any issues...more watts on tap is always nice because of variations or dynamic peaks associated with movies... normal enthusiast would be fine with your Denon's current 80w rating.

Good luck...
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthorpe View Post
    Hey all!

Thanks!

I’d be adding
    Absolutely OK with the Denon 1400 and Sierra-2EX for LCR in your room. No issues at all and a huge step up in performance from the 170's

170's do perform well as surrounds with Sierra-2EX as fronts...

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hey everyone,

Are Klippel NFS measurements of these available anywhere? I'm curious what they look like.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by lovesegfault View Post
    Hey everyone,

Are Klippel NFS measurements of these available anywhere? I'm curious what they look like.

Cheers!
    Welcome!

Yes, Sierra-2EX NFS measurements can be found here:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...5736#post65736

Please let me know if you have any questions and enjoy your time here.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Been a while. Apologies. Hope folks are well.

My brain is telling me that I remember the crossover in the Sierra 1 center is slightly different than the normal Sierra 1? If that's the case, does that also hold true of the Sierra 2 EX center vs normal? Is there a listing for a "center" upgrade kit or... ?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleric View Post
    Been a while. Apologies. Hope folks are well.

My brain is telling me that I remember the crossover in the Sierra 1 center is slightly different than the normal Sierra 1? If that's the case, does that also hold true of the Sierra 2 EX center vs normal? Is there a listing for a "center" upgrade kit or... ?

Thanks in advance.
    Maybe you're thinking of the 340. The 340 center is different than a regular 340 but the Sierra-1 center is exactly the same as a regular Sierra-1.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Maybe you're thinking of the 340. The 340 center is different than a regular 340 but the Sierra-1 center is exactly the same as a regular Sierra-1.
    Thank you for the reply, but no. I've never shopped the 340's. This was a discussion about the Sierra 1's. I do not recall if it was with Mr. Fabrikant or someone else at the time (2011-2012). Tweeter mounted on the lateral and a slight crossover change. Regardless, if someone can speak to if there is a different upgrade kit for a center to be taken from Sierra 1 to 2 EX, I would appreciate it.