Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Atmos height speakers for a system that uses RAAL tweeters.

Default Re: Atmos height speakers for a system that uses RAAL tweeters.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this has been helpful. I have been looking at speaker upgrade for my 7.2.2 but. The 2 ATMOS of the bounce type. Ascend RAAL towers with matching Horizon are on the short list. For sides and back I was debating eithe HTM200 or Luna (desirable, but will be an interesting explanation to wifey) but have been hung up on the elevation (bounce) speakers. Reading this makes me think to keep my Klipsch elevation for now.

Quote Originally Posted by hdkeith View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this has been helpful. I have been looking at speaker upgrade for my 7.2.2 but. The 2 ATMOS of the bounce type. Ascend RAAL towers with matching Horizon are on the short list. For sides and back I was debating eithe HTM200 or Luna (desirable, but will be an interesting explanation to wifey) but have been hung up on the elevation (bounce) speakers. Reading this makes me think to keep my Klipsch elevation for now.
    Not sure if I understand your situation exactly, but if you are able to mount Atmos speakers actually on the ceiling above you, (such as HTM-200s or an in-ceiling speaker) that will be much more effective than the 'bounce' type.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Not sure if I understand your situation exactly, but if you are able to mount Atmos speakers actually on the ceiling above you, (such as HTM-200s or an in-ceiling speaker) that will be much more effective than the 'bounce' type.
    Agree 100% !!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Right, but not eager to cut up my ceiling to run wires or the walls to get them to the amp. I have to rely on the bounce type, which while not perfect do provide some effect that helps with some immersion

Regardless of the ATMOS and wither I do bouncy elevations or just move to front heights I do need a viable solution for the rears and sides, was thinking HTM, but I do listen to multichannel music and was hoping for a RAAL based option. I was considering Lunas, sides/rears, but for front heights it does not look like a good fit as they show 15feet 96 watts and at 21 feet not recommended and from where the front height would be mounted we are looking at probably 18 feet, so thinking the Lunas would not cut it for those. I want to avoid a hodge podge of speaker models or even brands. Timbre matching is important for me.
    Denon X7200WA, Monolith 9X, Dual PSA V1800 subs, Klipsch RP-280F/RS-62ii Front stage, RS-35/25 sides/rears and RP-140SA Elevations.