Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
From what I've read, agree that top (on or in ceiling) give the best overhead experience. High walls aren't quite as good but maybe 85-90% of the way there. Ceilings in my listening area are trayed, from about 10' to 13', and not really a good spot for on/in ceiling so I went with top of the front & rear walls, angled downwards. Works fine for me.

That makes a lot of sense. I have a more traditional cathedral ceiling when it is 8 ft on the left and right walls and then goes to a 10 ft peak in the middle of the room. I think in my case if I go with atmos speakers in that room, that inceiling speakers would be fine, just slightly wider than if the ceiling were flat. But I just blew 20 inches of insulation in the attic, so I don’t want to mess with going up there in that.

So I was thinking about getting some SVS Prime Elevation speakers, to flush mount on the ceiling. The angle of the speakers would just about counteract the angle of the ceiling were they would pretty much be firing straight down. I could get that super flat speaker wire that you can paint right over, so that I don’t have to go into the attic running wire. The ceiling has textured paint though, so I’ll likely wait until we paint the house to do this. It is nice that there are so many options out there.