Thread: Sierra 1 w/ TP-24 Stands

Default Sierra 1 w/ TP-24 Stands

If I get Sierra 1 for my LCR, I’m leaning toward the TP-24 stands because I like the tower look of those stands with the matching speakers. The stands only come in matte black. Normally, I’d want the speakers to match, but Sierra 1 doesn’t come in matte black. The options I would consider that might go with the matte black stands and my furniture are piano black or satin espresso. Anyone see piano black or satin espresso with the matte black stands? Does either or both work? I don’t see any pictures of these combos, so it’s hard to judge. Thanks. Jon

Default Re: Sierra 1 w/ TP-24 Stands

Have you checked with Ascend if they could do these in black matte? The S2EX come in this color and it's the same cabinet. I also bought my S2's several years ago in black matter. It may cost a bit more as the cabinets are domestic.

I haven’t checked with Ascend on the possibility of doing a Sierra 1 in black matte because I wasn’t wanting to get into the extra cost of a custom order. But you make a good point about these being cabinets that already exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JonCr View Post
    I haven’t checked with Ascend on the possibility of doing a Sierra 1 in black matte because I wasn’t wanting to get into the extra cost of a custom order. But you make a good point about these being cabinets that already exist.
    We can do it, we have domestic black matte cabinets available. While we normally reserve these for Sierra-2EX, happy to offer you a pair of Sierra-1 in black matte. They do cost more though, but not nearly as much as going custom. Please note, the domestic black matte is a beautiful hand sprayed textured black. The TP-24 stands are a PVC wrap black matte. They are not the exact same finish, but from about a 2 feet away, hard to tell the difference.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I agree that the domestic black matte cabinets are beautiful. Love my S2's!

Thanks! I’ll definitely consider this route.

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures!