Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrade existing Sierra-1s or get Sierra-2EXs instead?

Exclamation Re: Upgrade existing Sierra-1s or get Sierra-2EXs instead?

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    One of the things I most enjoy and appreciate about this forum is the adult participation here and an almost universal ability to discuss subjects in a rational, civilized manner. Almost gives one hope for Humanity! Obviously the people whom have realized the quality and value of Ascend products are pragmatic and realistic. At least that's my take.

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    second what Jay says.
    Have to agree, gentleman! One of the main reasons for my 14 years of membership!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Default Re: Upgrade existing Sierra-1s or get Sierra-2EXs instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    Break-in of speaker drivers is real and can be measured.

It's also very small, likely only *barely* audible if at all, and happens quickly (seconds, not months).

A temperature difference in your house could also lead to measurable changes in driver characteristics, but nobody talks about how their system sounds better in winter/summer.

Moving the speaker - or your head - an inch or two probably makes a larger measurable difference.

The break-in that people report happening over months is purely psychological.
    Excellent reply and 100% correct.

Transducer's do break-in, mostly seen as compliance changes as spiders and surrounds loosen up a bit. This does happen quite quickly though and is indeed measurable when evaluating T/S parameters. As to whether or not this is actually audible, no one really knows - but I have learned to never question what someone else hears. However, if it is audible, it would indeed be extremely minor.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Upgrade existing Sierra-1s or get Sierra-2EXs instead?

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    One of the things I most enjoy and appreciate about this forum is the adult participation here and an almost universal ability to discuss subjects in a rational, civilized manner. Almost gives one hope for Humanity! Obviously the people whom have realized the quality and value of Ascend products are pragmatic and realistic. At least that's my take.

Jay
    Thank you - I truly appreciate this!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com