Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: grill or not to grill on the Sierra 2EX

Default Re: grill or not to grill on the Sierra 2EX

I can hear the difference with them on and off. Very slight but noticable. However I leave them on for insurance.
    TV: LG 65C8 - Receiver: Emotiva XMC-2 (9.1.4) - Blu-ray: UB820, x800m2 - Music: Sdtrans384 - Amp: Parasound A23 & A52+, Outlaw 7075 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers Raal ELX & Horizon RAAL ELX - Surround: (10) BG Radia PD-6i - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Venom v14 - Speaker Cable: Furez - Interconnects: Neotech, Mogami, Pure Silver - Probe: Display Pro & i1 Pro2 - Software: Colourspace HTL & Rpi4 - Bias - MediaLight - Remote: Harmony Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Bghead8che View Post
    Dave,

Regarding the Sierra's and Horizon speakers with the grills off. Is the difference inconsequential there as well? I'd rather leave them on unless there is a noticeable, audible difference. Thanks!
    You would really need superhuman hearing to hear the difference with and without our grilles. The differences are measurable, but only a few dB in the range above 10kHz.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I like the looks of my Sierra no grill because you see more of their pretty finish.
    I realize I lose some protection but turns out my cat is only interested when grill on. So should I be concerned about dust or light with no grills?

Quote Originally Posted by briand View Post
    I like the looks of my Sierra no grill because you see more of their pretty finish.
    I realize I lose some protection but turns out my cat is only interested when grill on. So should I be concerned about dust or light with no grills?
    No reason at all to be concerned with not using the grilles. Dust and/or light will not cause any issues. I would say about 1/2 of our customers use the speakers without grilles.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com