Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: grill or not to grill on the Sierra 2EX

Default Re: grill or not to grill on the Sierra 2EX

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    So, in reference to the actual title of this thread..... "grill or not to grill on the Sierra-2EX", I find that my Weber Genesis does a much better job at searing steaks.......
    AGREED!
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    So, in reference to the actual title of this thread..... "grill or not to grill on the Sierra-2EX", I find that my Weber Genesis does a much better job at searing steaks.......
    We are having our backyard redone and I didn't think I would miss my grill as much as I do, my kids say I make the best steaks...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Cool Re: grill or not to grill on the Sierra 2EX

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    We are having our backyard redone and I didn't think I would miss my grill as much as I do, my kids say I make the best steaks...
    Mine turned out Great last night...No Sierra-2EX were harmed!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

I've got a '95 Mustang track day car mucho grande under the hood, it's gorgeous! When the car is driving down the road, hood is on.

Blasting out "Sailing to Philadelphia" on the EXs as I type this, grilles are on and they sound incredible. I must have tin ears, can't tell a difference on or off. I will say that I believe preconceptions play a role in how we experience things. It's been well documented in many areas pertaining to audio quality.

Jay

Jay,
    Post a pic of the Stang... I have a Pro-Street 67 Camaro blown big block - hood is also on when cruising/racing.
    R

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Jay,
    Post a pic of the Stang... I have a Pro-Street 67 Camaro blown big block - hood is also on when cruising/racing.
    R
    I'm thinking this isn't the appropriate place to post car pics, I'll PM some pictures. Recently put a fully upgraded independent rear under the car and a full 3" stainless exhaust. I really love all these expensive distractions LOL!

Jay

Sounds good, Jay. Or maybe start a thread in the "Watercooler" part of this forum - I think this is for any topic.

I have a lot of expensive distractions, too, aside from HiFi. Recently two new carbs & starter on the Camaro (others were 30+ years old so don't owe me anything).

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Sounds good, Jay. Or maybe start a thread in the "Watercooler" part of this forum - I think this is for any topic.

I have a lot of expensive distractions, too, aside from HiFi. Recently two new carbs & starter on the Camaro (others were 30+ years old so don't owe me anything).
    Great idea, I was trying to find such an area in this forum, missed the "watercooler".

Posted these the other day on another forum for kicks because I didn't have new gear to show... needless to say it was well received...lol. I generally use pink Himalayan salt and cracked pepper with some smoked paprika....once inside I add a dollop of butter while resting...so good.
    IMG_20210515_101753_compress25_resize_15.jpg
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Dave,

Regarding the Sierra's and Horizon speakers with the grills off. Is the difference inconsequential there as well? I'd rather leave them on unless there is a noticeable, audible difference. Thanks!