Thread: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review-Times a Changing!!

Sierra-2EX...Progress moving forward!!

After my eldest did critical listening to the previous reviewed 2.1 setup (see 1st pic), he noted that the soundstage wasn't as deep and high as the previous S2-NrT listening sessions (I had to agree). The NrT's were tilted back 5 degrees, allowing expansion of the soundstage in my 11ft ceiling, creating a very nice sudo-venue openness and expansion!

However, instead of tilting the 2EX (due to narrower vertical expansion), decided to "finally" relocate the sub cabinet to the left front corner...had to re-tune the sub (LP Crossover to 60hz-Trim to full-Volume reset down to 5-oclock...was at 6-oclock). I dropped (set) the components onto a temporary "mini rack" (step stool-pic #2) and have a nice permanent 4-shelf audio rack on order!!

After all was tuned and complete, The New Sound...well, excuse my Italian, Ho.. Sh..!!! WOW! Sub Bass management has returned to my prior setup (was always happy with it), but the 8" lowering of the component stack has created even better focus, image precision, wider soundstage and a Huge Increase in venue depth and height. But more importantly, warmth/detailed/refined/natural Midrange is showing a Beautiful Renaissance! I am hearing details and low level nuances in all of my music that I never heard before...it is truly Amazing to me and a Very Surprising revelation!

All I can figure is that the component stack I had on top the subwoofer cabinet was causing 2nd reflections and cancellations that diluted the EX mid-woofer Midrange prowess capability?!? Although it was sounding great before the changes, the 2EX has taken a giant leap forward in realistic, live sound presentation that consistently leaves me short of breath and yearning/needing to re-hear my large music genre CD collection!!

Who'd a thunk it! Now to re-spin my 400+ CD's!!!!

Ted

Last edited by theophile; 06-15-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!