Thread: HTM 200se tweeter orientation

Default HTM 200se tweeter orientation

Hello everyone, new poster here. I bought eight HTM 200 SE speakers for my surrounds in a 7.2.4 and absolutely love these little guys but I have a question about Tweeter orientation. As you may know the Tweeter is on one side of the drivers, not directly in the middle.

My question is:

With the height speakers and back surrounds, do I put them up with the Tweeter on the inside of the drivers, closer to the listening position.... or should the tweeters be on the outside of the drivers to add more "spatialization"...

Does it even matter?

Thanks for the help!

-Snaus

Default Re: HTM 200se tweeter orientation

From the manual,

STEP 3:ORIENT THE SPEAKERSFor “HTM-200 SE” series speakers, orient the left/right speakers vertically with the tweeters to the inside. From top to bottom the speaker should be in a woofer-tweeter-woofer configuration

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...ers_Manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    From the manual,

STEP 3:ORIENT THE SPEAKERSFor “HTM-200 SE” series speakers, orient the left/right speakers vertically with the tweeters to the inside. From top to bottom the speaker should be in a woofer-tweeter-woofer configuration

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...ers_Manual.pdf
    Thank you kindly! I wasn't aware there was a manual. Very happy about this actually because I had them all wrong and STILL liked the sound. Will be even better in about 15 mins!

You're welcome. It's a generic manual obviously, but does call out the HTM's.

I use the HTM200SE's for heights, as well. Great speakers. Now I'm wondering which side I put the tweeters on - will have to check next time I'm using the ladder inside.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    You're welcome. It's a generic manual obviously, but does call out the HTM's.

I use the HTM200SE's for heights, as well. Great speakers. Now I'm wondering which side I put the tweeters on - will have to check next time I'm using the ladder inside.
    It doesn't matter all the much having the tweeters on the inside or the outside with the 200's.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

thanks, Dave. Saves me from climbing a ladder to check. As is, my HTM's work wonderfully for heights. I also have a pair in my home office and they sound great, as well

Follow up question to this instead of starting a new thread. For height channels, does it matter if the HTM-200 is horizontal or vertical?

No. I have my heights vertical in my HT room and have the pair in my office horizontal.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by toker View Post
    Follow up question to this instead of starting a new thread. For height channels, does it matter if the HTM-200 is horizontal or vertical?
    You can use them horizontally or vertically. If they will be placed very high up, horizontal is generally the better choice, but again - they perform well in both orientations. Also, if placing horizontal and above the listening position, flip the speaker 180 degs so the tweeter is closer to ear-level.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com