Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: howdy from Texas!

Default howdy from Texas!

greetings from our Lone Star state! received my Sierra 2EX's in black satin bamboo last week. so far I'm very impressed with them. I'm going to let them play for a while, then I'll add my Rythmik L12 sub to the equation. Never have had a ribbon tweet before, but man these RAAL ribbons are very good....

Default Re: howdy from Texas!

Howdy right back atcha, and welcome to the forum!

2EXs are indeed excellent. I find that for music, I don't feel the need for a sub with the 2EXs (and I'm a bassist), but if you're using them for HT, then yes, you'll probably want one.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

thanks for that! yeah I'm listening to a local jazz station on my Sansui TU-717 and it sounds great. the toes are tappin'

Howdy, Jrh.

Where about in Texas are you?

I'm in Spring (Houston).

back at ya, thanks! I'm in Allen,Texas

Welcome from Massachusetts. I am in the Boston area but travel (or used to travel, rather...) to Austin, Dallas and Houston for work.

I have a single L12 and it integrates beautifully with my CMT-340SE Main, even for music. It gives more body to what is there but does not fake what isn't. It is a very well executed sub for the money.

True, the Sierra 2EX is in a whole different league and it has about half octave advantage in bass extension vs the CMT-340SE. However, unloading the main amp and separately positioning your mains for best imaging and sound stage and the sub for best bass quality, are two significant advantages of sub use for music, IMHO.

thank you for that info! I feel the same way and have to work on that integration. but, so far its impressive to hear what these speakers are sounding like without the sub.

Glad you are enjoying your 2EX. I haven't audition them, but from what I am reading around they are making waves (pun intended &#128516 with their low end.

It sure seems like Dave found the sweet spot of Hoffman's Iron Law!

thanks MusicHead! the 2EX's are sounding great. I'm going to integrate the Rythmik L12 with them but they are doing bass pretty well already. I'm just wondering which crossover point to set it at because I don't want to take anything away from their full range sound. still new at this sub thing. any idea?

I'd try 60, 70 and 80 Hz to see what sounds best to you. 80 is pretty common as a main/sub cross-over point.