Thread: Sierra-2EX Measurements?

Question Sierra-2EX Measurements?

For aesthetic reasons, I always leave my 2EX grills on, as I Hear no difference either way. However, just curious if Dave's on-site measurements were with grills On or Off?

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Default Re: Sierra-2EX Measurements?

Not sure about the measurements but the difference would be very tiny. I leave mine off to make sure I don't miss any details.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    For aesthetic reasons, I always leave my 2EX grills on, as I Hear no difference either way. However, just curious if Dave's on-site measurements were with grills On or Off?

Ted
    All measurements for our speakers are taken with grilles off.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    All measurements for our speakers are taken with grilles off.
    Thanks Dave!
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quick question. Was is the actual size of the driver not including the frame? Is it 6 inches?

Exclamation Re: Sierra-2EX Measurements?

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    Quick question. Was is the actual size of the driver not including the frame? Is it 6 inches?
    MD,

FWIW, HERE is a great description from Dave of the 2EX Mid/Woofer! According to the Sierra 2EX SPEC page, it is rated as a 6" transducer.

However to answer your exact question, I measured the surround suspension edge OD and came up with a rough estimate of 5.11325"!?!

Reality check: it could be a 3" driver or a 15" driver, doesn't matter! As Dave has designed and created this custom Seas transducer to keep up with the Sierra S2-Di Diamond Sierra Tweeter, it's auditory performance with the Sierra RAAL tweeter is simply, OUTSTANDING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    MD,

FWIW, HERE is a great description from Dave of the 2EX Mid/Woofer! According to the Sierra 2EX SPEC page, it is rated as a 6" transducer.

However to answer your exact question, I measured the surround suspension edge OD and came up with a rough estimate of 5.11325"!?!

Reality check: it could be a 3" driver or a 15" driver, doesn't matter! As Dave has designed and created this custom Seas transducer to keep up with the Sierra S2-Di Diamond Sierra Tweeter, it's auditory performance with the Sierra RAAL tweeter is simply, OUTSTANDING!!!
    No question about it that's it's an outstanding speaker. It was just a curiosity that crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    It is considered a 6" woofer, categorized in the W16 series from SEAS (16 being 16cm in diameter) W being "Excel" series.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com