Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sierra 2EX Amp help

Default Re: Sierra 2EX Amp help

Another you might consider and I'm biased is Sweden's Primare i30 integrated if you can find one used. I own it and it is a workhorse at 100 WPC - 8 ohm and 180WPC - 4 ohm. it sounds excellent driving my new Sierra 2EX! check out the reviews

Quote Originally Posted by stejdor View Post
    I've just upgraded from sierra 1 to 2ex. I've used them with a Perreaux 80i. Power Node 2i and now have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP tube integrated. The Primaluna is by far the best sounding with both Sierras imo. It truly sings. I run it in SET mode (45w) but there's an Ultralinear mode too with higher output. SET is more the enough for me and sounds the best to these ears. I wouldn't class the Primaluna as warm at all it's got a very detailed clear top end to these ears.
    I have the new perreaux 80i noir and the primaluna 400 on my list of options, so this is great info thank you. Glad you’ve found a good sound for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrh View Post
    Another you might consider and I'm biased is Sweden's Primare i30 integrated if you can find one used. I own it and it is a workhorse at 100 WPC - 8 ohm and 180WPC - 4 ohm. it sounds excellent driving my new Sierra 2EX! check out the reviews
    That is a fine looking amplifier! I think it might be difficult to come across one here in NZ. I like the look of the new models also, but no suppliers here either
    Last edited by blvdnights; 03-16-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Hi Rory
    Did you find a replacement amp?
    Cheers from NZ

I did indeed. Ended up going with the Hegel H120. Great pairing - beautiful sound and plenty enough power to run the sierras at high volumes. Spotify connect hasn’t dropped out once, unlike the powernode. It’s also extremely well built. Still very happy

That's great. DARKO has a lot of good things to say about Hegel.
    I had bad experiences with a Powernode2i, which has really put me off them.