Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A center channel speaker sized between the Duo and Horizon

Default Re: A center channel speaker sized between the Duo and Horizon

Hi guys,

I am running CMT-340s (LCR) and CBM-170s for surrounds. Does it make sense to upgrade my 340 Center channel with a Horizon-RAAL center channel to improve dialogue as well as the overall HT experience?

I am actually pretty happy with the 2 mains and the surrounds ... just looking to improve the center channel performance without spending a mini-fortune to upgrade all of my speakers. I do understand the challenges of mixing-and-matching these together but I do have a capable AVR with Audyssey XT32 so I would be counting on it to integrate the Horizon-RAAL with the CMT-340 mains and a couple of Rythmik subs.

I am definitely not a audio purist ... just trying to incrementally improve my HT setup knowing that the center channel is the most important one for HT.

Thank you.

It's a little unbalanced but it wouldn't be a bad thing to have the best center available. I don't think you'll have any issues with blending, even without the help of Audyssey.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Hi guys,

I am running CMT-340s (LCR) and CBM-170s for surrounds. Does it make sense to upgrade my 340 Center channel with a Horizon-RAAL center channel to improve dialogue as well as the overall HT experience?

I am actually pretty happy with the 2 mains and the surrounds ... just looking to improve the center channel performance without spending a mini-fortune to upgrade all of my speakers. I do understand the challenges of mixing-and-matching these together but I do have a capable AVR with Audyssey XT32 so I would be counting on it to integrate the Horizon-RAAL with the CMT-340 mains and a couple of Rythmik subs.

I am definitely not a audio purist ... just trying to incrementally improve my HT setup knowing that the center channel is the most important one for HT.
    Anything specific? Have you tried turning the center channel volume up a tic or two?
    -curtis