Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra-2EX, which line of B & W does it compare to?

Default Re: Sierra-2EX, which line of B & W does it compare to?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I have learned that many "audiophiles" that are fixed on cost, are already biased when it comes to comparison.
    I once brought in a pair of CMT-340's into an audio shop. When they were hooked up and playing, the 2 other reps and another customer in the store came into the room and were very impressed with the sound. The shop owner also came in to listen. None of them knew the price of the 340's at the time, as I was comparing them to a pair of $1000-1200 pair of speakers. Once I told them they were $600...they lost interest.
    I've heard stories about this happening all the time at trade shows. Folks will get drawn to a demo, ask about price then not give them a second look, no matter how good they sound. I've heard some pretty expensive speakers that I'd be upset if I paid what was being asked based on performance.

Like Dave said above, B&W do have one hell of a marketing team. That said, I did get to listen to a pair of 802 D3s and they're right up there with some of the best I've heard, but you need a second mortgage to buy them... minus the bass extension I think my Sierra ribbon towers are right there too. It's hard to say definitively since I wasn't able to A/B them but I don't feel like I'm missing much in comparison.
    Last edited by Pogre; 02-06-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Sierra-2EX, which line of B & W does it compare to?

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    ...I don't feel like I'm missing much in comparison.
    I've also heard the 802 D3's...IMHO, you're not missing anything, other than a 2nd mortgage!!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!