Thread: Receiver/Amp Suggestions to pair with a Sierra-2EX 3.0/3.1 Setup

Default Receiver/Amp Suggestions to pair with a Sierra-2EX 3.0/3.1 Setup

Hi All,

Completely new to the audiophile world and would love to get some suggestions/feedback. I am putting together a 3.0 set up with two Sierra-2ex and either a Sierra-2ex or a Duo for the center (might add a rythmik sub in the future). The main intention for the system is to be able to listen to high quality streaming music. It will also be used for basic home theater needs (tv shows, ball games, the occasional movie--all streaming).

I hoped to get an 5+ channel integrated amplifier or receiver that housed a quality DAC and streamer, but this seems to be challenging. My budget is $1500. If I need to get separate components receiver/dac/streamer that's great, but I'd prefer a setup that is simple and works well together. I planned on using Spotify, Tidal, and/or Qobuz. I'm open to other steaming services if suggested equipment works better with them.

Any and all thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Receiver/Amp Suggestions to pair with a Sierra-2EX 3.0/3.1 Setup

A Decent Denon/ Yamaha receiver.
    Venture into Avsforum.com

Anthem 540 (new model) or check out usaudiomart for used. Denon/Yamaha/Marantz are also good - you could also check out accessories for less for factory renewed/refurbed.

Thanks, All. Going with the Yamaha RX-A1080BL