Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wow.....

Default Re: Wow.....

Quote Originally Posted by muzz View Post
    I'm 11' +/- from the speakers Dave.
    At 11' feet back, you will need a minimum of 150 watts of power to reach *peaks* of 100dB with speakers rated at 86dB sensitivity. I suspect you are attempting to reach continuous volumes of 100dB, with 110dB peaks (concert level). This would require 1500 watts! If you plan on playing at these volume levels, I strongly recommend speakers with a minimum sensitivity of 98dB, + subwoofer.

Is there an option to put the NRT ON THE 340's? I don't see it.
    I already have a 340 CC, I'd like to see the NRT TWEETER instead of the normal, which gets too bright at high volume IMO.
    THANKS
    This isn't a tweeter issue, this is a clipping issue. The tweeter in the 340 is capable of handling just as much power as the NrT dome, actually a bit more - as it has a longer VC. Either you are clipping your receiver/amplifier - or you are reaching the mechanical or thermal limitations of the woofers, thus the frequency response becomes unbalanced and the tweeter response becomes more prevalent.

We'll, I figured something out....
    My AVR988 Is a killer...my 170 tweeters are dead all of the sudden...you can hear that,!
    Wow....time for a new amp/pre... I've SMASHED 5 Speakers it seems...lotsa $. ����
    Funny thing, it didn't Sound off, it must've been putting out nasty harmonics or something...I really don't know, but this AVR is the death of 5 Speakers now... it's gotta go.
    Sign of clipping... Taking the tweeters out....

Someone is weak though, they made this thread unavailable on that browser.
    ?? We have no control over what search engines or what browsers access our forum. Not sure what you are inferring.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Here we are, these MONSTERS showed up...glad there's not damage, these are over 4' tall, and weigh 70lbs each...
    Let's just say it was a serious chore to bring them inside, unpack, and set them up...like serious workout, I was sweating profusely after setting one...
    Here we go....

I've been told these take a bit to "break in", I've always been skeptical of that....

Without AUDYSSEY being done (Big deal in this shitty room) the 2EX sound better...
    These Speakers are pretty fkn large, they are 50" tall, like 12 wide and 16 deep...
    Old school BRUTE FORCE! ��
    As of now, the 2EX SOUNDED BETTER, and they are less than a quarter the size.
    Imma give these a little and run Audyssey like I did for the 2EX, but right NOW?
    2EX
    I'm sorry if some of you got upset, I'm only telling you FACTS, I beat those to death, I ADMITTED IT!
    I LOVE Ascend, otherwise I wouldn't have spent a pretty fair amount of $ to upgrade my S1.
    Please don't call me a hater, that's SO far from the truth.
    Dave is SOLID AF!

Greg is pretty good as well, this is listed as his last design....Dave knows who I'm talking about.
    Moral?

2EX are INCREDIBLE Speakers.
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

Sheer Output? JBL, no question.
    Sound Quality? 2EX, with that said, the 590 doesn't suck, the 2EX Ribbonsare pretty exceptional!
    Soundfield? This is so opinion oriented it's pathetic, you hear all the cliches...��...
    IF there's anything to it? JBL IMO, they sound wider, you gotta remember just HOW BIG these Speakers are, the horn alone is
    BIGGER than the 2EX.

If you listen at medium volume? No Question, 2EX.
    Pound your system relentlessly?
    Jbl

JUST my humble opinion, don't rag on me for no reason please.

Thanks for looking.

G
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....