Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wow.....

Default Re: Wow.....

I've ADMITTED IT WAS MY FAULT.
    What do you want to know?

Think 100wx2(that amp has been bench tested, it's A SOLID 100x2 [Actually x7]),in a 12x24 room... pretty much full tilt for hours.
    I have a meter, but I didn't use it while listening....WHY would I, I don't GAS about sound level, I care about high power sound.... it was extreme, 90% would leave the room in <5 minutes.
    It was LAF.

We are just trying to assist you Gary. Do you understand the relationship between speaker sensitivity, power, and listening distance?

If you can share with us how loud you like to listen at, and at what distance your main listening position is, we can make recommendations that such that you will not destroy your speakers.

If you are listening as loud as I suspect you are (trying to reach 100+ dB), 100 watts of power into a speaker rated at 85dB is not going to cut it in a room this size, not even close. Your amp will clip badly...

The 170's are 4dB more sensitive than S2EX, that is considerable. To reach the same volume level as 100 watts of power into the Sierra-2EX, CBM-170's would require only 32 watts of power. This is why the 170's are still functioning - your amp is able to provide enough power (although with your description of how the 170 tweeter sounds like at high power, you might be clipping with these as well)

How far back are you sitting Gary?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Not that it matters, but I played drums for ~ 20 years, including playing out in clubs.
    I'm pretty used to high volume, I "stupidily" never even used earplugs... nevermind the concerts I went to..... 😳😟.
    I'm probably not the average person as hearing, but last I checked I was pretty solid, that was 1.5 years ago(Covid).
    I was able to distinguish how good the EX Sounded, even at max volume....
    I guess I must be deaf.

I'm 11' +/- from the speakers Dave.

I'm not mad about ANYTHING DAVE, I'm good bud.
    I Haven't blamed anyone but myself, I thought I made that clear...if not, "It's my fault".
    It sucks, but I'm a crazy person at times....

Anyone that is following my Shit-Show....
    These 2EX Speakers Sound MINT, I listen at EXTREME volumes for long durations, there is no way this will happen at this distance for this long at a time...
    These take a beating, and you'll twirl you're fire poker while listening.
    These sound Outstanding!🤘👍

These Speakers are literally A BARGAIN at their price.

I don't Lie, I wouldn't be here telling a friend it wasn't for me if I did.
    Dave is #TopShelf, anyone that says different has issues.
    Do y'all think I want to tell Dave I'm crazy and it doesn't work for me? Dude is awesome... wake up...😆

You aren't going to beat these, dave is fair.
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

Exclamation Re: Wow.....

Quote Originally Posted by muzz View Post
    You aren't going to beat these, dave is fair.
    Hi Gary,

Have to totally agree...David and Ascend Acoustics are truly class acts in the audio business. I'll be receiving my Sierra 2-EX's next week and have extreme confidence that they'll provide me Many years of Superb 3D 2 channel stereo music!!

In 45 years of experience and exposure to reproduced music and a 35 year career in industrial safety settings, I've seen what excessive occupational and recreational sound (music & noise) exposure can do. FWIW, please take time to read and absorb this informative article HERE! If you already understand, don't care and willing to accept the consequences (future deafness), then that's your choice and I apologize for bringing this topic up. Be assured, even though age and "cumulative trauma" to hearing can't be reversed, You can greatly extend at what ripe old age you'll need hearing aids!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Thanks Ted, I appreciate your input. ����
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....