Thread: Will Sierra 2s pair well with 340 center? New home layout questions.

Default Will Sierra 2s pair well with 340 center? New home layout questions.

I've owned the 170s as L/R and surrounds and a 340 center for just about a year now. We are moving into a new home and I'm wanting to upgrade the L/R to possibly Sierra 2s or Towers. I'm wondering if these will still pair well with a 340 center or if there is going to be a distracting difference during HT use?

I'm planning to move it into a 5.1.4 setup, as our smaller layout won't be as friendly for 7.1.4 I think. I've included a capture of our floor plans and the layout I'm trying to plan.
    For the Atmos speakers I was planning on using something like these HDX R80s.

https://ibb.co/C8Ry7Dq - Floor plan

Any input would be appreciated on these matters.

Default Re: Will Sierra 2s pair well with 340 center? New home layout questions.

Your layout looks fine to me.

As to the 340 as Center with S2's or Towers, I don't think it will be distracting as all Ascend speakers blend well. I'd try it first...if you find it distracting, then you could always add an Horizon or Luna Duo.

Default Re: Will Sierra 2s pair well with 340 center? New home layout questions.

Thanks, does anyone have any other thoughts about the Sierra 2s with a 340 center?

I installed Micca 8's for my heights, and they're pretty flat response wise... they sound great for everything, including 7channel stereo.
    I personally don't believe you have to spend a ton on Heights, they are mostly for ambience, unless you are doing multichannel audio (DVDA ETC), and are looking for exact timbre.

JMT

G

Quote Originally Posted by aiverson View Post
    Thanks, does anyone have any other thoughts about the Sierra 2s with a 340 center?
    We have several customers using this same combination and they work quite well together.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com