Quote Originally Posted by gln2 View Post
I've asked myself that same question. If the MF amp was available from a local audio store, possibly I'd consider it. (Though their line is also 6 yrs old.) However, the only purchase option in my location for MF is an online retailer. If I have to buy online, without a local dealer's support, then in today's very small world there is not much difference between buying from a US website vs a non-USA website.

Also, if I ended up not completely overwhelmed by the sound quality of the MF product, then I'd always be wondering if I had spent $1,000 more would I be much happier. If I was in my 30's I'd have to reign in my expections and settle for less than I really desired. But now that I'm past 60 I figure I've spent my entire life working (and still working) so a splurge on expensive items that would give me much enjoyment makes sense.

I don't belive a $2-3,000 amp makes financial sense for anyone where music is just for background, or don't have proper speaker and seat placement. Which seems to be most people! I used to have a pretty good stereo system back in my 30's, and loved the good sound. I've always LISTENED to albums, no different than sitting in a concert. So I do hear and appreciate what better components bring.

At lease that's how I'm rationalizing this!
I would be placing my order now, but my funds transfer into my Paypal account did not happen last week. Had to re-do the transfer today, now just waiting for the funds to show up.
Totally agree with the bolded - I'm generally the same way as now in my mid-50's and nearing retirement. Although there's a part of me that is on the frugal side and consider the point of diminishing returns on equipment upgrades that my old ears can discern (versus buying more vinyl ;-) ).