Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speaker upgrade opinions and experiences requested!!!

Default Re: Speaker upgrade opinions and experiences requested!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I'd go for the Towers with RAAL then as the mains. (I moved from S2's to these and it was a great upgrade - moved the S2's to surround duty). I also added a 2nd E15 to my setup.
    Exactly what I did and concurr. Especially if you like to turn it up. I had my concerns at first, coming from SVS Ultra Towers, but those concerns have been assuaged. I love the ribbon towers now and don't miss the Ultras. The Sierra ribbon towers can handle some power and get plenty loud, even for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazb0t View Post
    I'd recommend getting a solid pair of subs. The towers aren't meant to be bass monsters.
    I agree here too, tho the towers do dig surprisingly deep, they need a li'l help below 30-35 hz.

Thanks Pogre! I have a pair of Sierra Tower w/RAAL upgrade on order. Also ordered one of the Rythmik subs to start out with. I have been doing a bunch of listening to my Sierra1's and existing sub after rearranging my setup and am still impressed with the ability of these bookshelves and undersized sub to fill up my room. Can't really believe the quality of sound coming out of these Sierra1's. Looking forward to the arrival of the new towers and sub.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlucci View Post
    Thanks Pogre! I have a pair of Sierra Tower w/RAAL upgrade on order. Also ordered one of the Rythmik subs to start out with. I have been doing a bunch of listening to my Sierra1's and existing sub after rearranging my setup and am still impressed with the ability of these bookshelves and undersized sub to fill up my room. Can't really believe the quality of sound coming out of these Sierra1's. Looking forward to the arrival of the new towers and sub.
    I think you're in for a treat. I can be a hard sell, have a huge room and like it loud sometimes. The towers are more sensitive, can handle a lot of power and are among the best speakers I've heard. Congrats on the purchase!

How long is the wait? I just ordered a Horizon center with the RAAL upgrade and looks like it might be the end of March til it gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    I think you're in for a treat. I can be a hard sell, have a huge room and like it loud sometimes. The towers are more sensitive, can handle a lot of power and are among the best speakers I've heard. Congrats on the purchase!

How long is the wait? I just ordered a Horizon center with the RAAL upgrade and looks like it might be the end of March til it gets here.
    I placed my order first week of Jan, but with the pandemic, lockdowns, etc they are having some supply issues, so...it will probably be a good way through Feb before I see them (at best). Similar story trying to buy anything right now. We shall see.....

Congrats on the Towers, Jim. Awesome speakers.
    Hear you about lead time, though. I placed an order earlier this week for a new preamp and tube amp upgrade (Rogue RP5 and ST100) and it's about a 4 week wait....

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Congrats on the Towers, Jim. Awesome speakers.
    Hear you about lead time, though. I placed an order earlier this week for a new preamp and tube amp upgrade (Rogue RP5 and ST100) and it's about a 4 week wait....
    Oh yeah. It's like that everywhere anymore. I fully expected it would take some time when I placed the order for my Horizon, but it'll be worth the wait. It's a nice upgrade over the Sierra 2 I'm using temporarily right now.