Thread: Denon AVR-X4500H 9.2-Channel A/V Receiver

Default Denon AVR-X4500H 9.2-Channel A/V Receiver

Default Re: Denon AVR-X4500H 9.2-Channel A/V Receiver

This is the AVR I finally purchased. All good, but the final amp is lacking in treble clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    This is the AVR I finally purchased. All good, but the final amp is lacking in treble clarity.
    You may have Audyssey engaged. The default setting rolls off the highs. The amp itself measures completely flat
    Nate

Thanks natetg57. I have been thru every setting on the Denon. Audessy has been off for most of my experimentation. What I DO know is that when i connected my Bryston B60 to the pre-outs (directly to pre-in) the difference was immediate and shocking. I don't think there is any fault with the Bryston, especially given the fact that everything sounds better! I'll just continue to use it as a pre pro for the main L+R.

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Thanks natetg57. I have been thru every setting on the Denon. Audessy has been off for most of my experimentation. What I DO know is that when i connected my Bryston B60 to the pre-outs (directly to pre-in) the difference was immediate and shocking. I don't think there is any fault with the Bryston, especially given the fact that everything sounds better! I'll just continue to use it as a pre pro for the main L+R.
    Do you have a way of measuring fr? Through multiple receivers and separate amps I've never once noticed a shocking difference. In fact, no discernable difference at all when rc and dsp is defeated. These claims always confused me until I did some research into placebo and expectation bias. The few dbts I've heard of have shown without question that those shocking differences disappear when the testers don't know which is which.

There's a lot that goes into that type of testing and it's a real pita to set up correctly so it's not often done. This one here shows some pretty interesting results tho.
    Last edited by Pogre; 02-06-2021 at 09:04 AM.