Thread: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Default Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Hi all - just wondering what other members here think of this movie. I've read a lot of this being a 'reference' disc - but I already have a few 'reference' discs collecting dust (i.e. the movie isn't worth sitting through again just for a bit of eye candy and a few rumbling bass hits that I have in many other movies). For the trailers I've seen, this movie (to me) looks really dumb and a waste of two hours of my life. So, is the 'movie' itself worth watching at all, or is it all effects?

I would say this movie falls into the eye and ear candy genre. It's really neat how they made it and has lots of good surround and LFE, but I didn't think the movie was good. It's definitely a rental. Its good fun and has an Indiana Jones feel (you know old comic book hero kinda thing). I really enjoyed the making of documentaries on the disc, but I probably won't ever watch the movie again. I think I've got enough demo discs, I only buy movies that I really like or my kids really like these days.
    brad

end of transmission.......

Im very glad I borrowed it from a friend rather than spending money even renting it. It was pretty bad IMO

Watched it last night. The sound was nice, but that was about it.
    -curtis

I give it out of .