Thread: Sierra-2EX pair arriving tomorrow

Cool Sierra-2EX pair arriving tomorrow

Woo-hoo! I just got the UPS notification that a pair of brand new new Sierra-2EX speakers and stands will be on my doorstep tomorrow instead of the original ETA which was next Monday. I'm super excited to hear them in person.

I thought I had the weekend to find the right moment to break the news to my wife but it looks like that won't be an option. Should I just wait for them to show up, act surprised and deny any knowledge of how they ended up in my possession or come clean immediately?

Happy Great Sounding New Year,
    John

Default Re: Sierra-2EX pair arriving tomorrow

My new speakers and stands arrived last night. This is one of those rare occasions when I made a significant purchase and find that my hopes and expectations have been exceeded in every way. Everything about them is just astonishing. They sound great, they look great and the high quality finish even makes them feel great.

The first time I played a high-end, hand made guitar was in the presence of the man who had made it. I was floored by the sound and the feel and the beauty of it. It was magical. I was so blown away by it that I just kind of stammered and slobbered and asked him what the secret was to making such an amazing instrument. He just looked me straight in the eye (with a bit of pity I think) and said "...there's no secret, just attention to detail".

After spending much of the last 24 hours listening and looking at these speakers (and even the stands for goodness sake), it is really clear that Dave and Dina and everyone else at Ascend Acoustics knows the importance of attention to detail. I feel lucky to be the beneficiary of that wisdom and hard work. Thanks for bringing all that beauty into the world!
    -John

Congrats, John, on the new speakers. Enjoy.
    Happy New Year

Enjoy

Congrats! I recently upgraded my Sierra 2’s to the EX and I’m amazed at every aspect of the sound from these two speakers.

I appreciate your analogy to a musical instruments performance. I’m a musician and I’m aware that you need to pay a lot more for the handmade instruments.

I consider myself fortunate to own these as I believe they are a great speaker at twice their price!

Enjoy! I do everyday.

Congrats, one of my Xmas presents to myself this year was a pair of EXs and they are outstanding. I have 3 versions of the Sierra in the house - actually 2 as I literally just hooked up my 1s at work and am listening to them as I type. Dave out did himself with this upgrade, but I have no intentions of getting rid of my 2s or 1s, they each shine in their own way. Enjoy!!

IMG_0018.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Audio_Bozo View Post
    My new speakers and stands arrived last night. This is one of those rare occasions when I made a significant purchase and find that my hopes and expectations have been exceeded in every way. Everything about them is just astonishing. They sound great, they look great and the high quality finish even makes them feel great.

The first time I played a high-end, hand made guitar was in the presence of the man who had made it. I was floored by the sound and the feel and the beauty of it. It was magical. I was so blown away by it that I just kind of stammered and slobbered and asked him what the secret was to making such an amazing instrument. He just looked me straight in the eye (with a bit of pity I think) and said "...there's no secret, just attention to detail".

After spending much of the last 24 hours listening and looking at these speakers (and even the stands for goodness sake), it is really clear that Dave and Dina and everyone else at Ascend Acoustics knows the importance of attention to detail. I feel lucky to be the beneficiary of that wisdom and hard work. Thanks for bringing all that beauty into the world!
    -John
    That guitar analogy is very fitting. What previous speakers did you upgrade from? What are you powering the Sierra's with?

Quote Originally Posted by Audio_Bozo View Post

-John
    Happy to hear you are enjoying the Sierra-2EX and thanks so much for putting your confidence in us. I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darek View Post
    That guitar analogy is very fitting. What previous speakers did you upgrade from? What are you powering the Sierra's with?
    The speakers I replaced are Acoustic Research AR14 from the late 1970s. I have had them since the mid 1980s. They are really great sounding speakers but they don't really come alive until they are at a moderate volume. A fair portion of my listening these days has to be at lower volumes and the Sierra EX-2 seems to work really well for that (and everything else). As much as I loved the AR speakers for decades, the EX-2 is better in every way.
    I'm powering them with a Marantz PM7000N (60 W/channel).

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Happy to hear you are enjoying the Sierra-2EX and thanks so much for putting your confidence in us. I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!
    Thanks Dave. Yes I had a great holiday weekend. It was filled with wonderful sounds!