Thread: My Wife wants to get me a subwoofer for Christmas.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My Wife wants to get me a subwoofer for Christmas.

My system
    65" Samung QLED TV
    Denon 4400 receiver
    5.1.4, upgrade to 5.2.4
    Front and Center are Ascend Sierrra-1, upgraded
    Center speaker sits on shelf about 8" below TV, Front speakers on same shelf just to right and left of TV.
    Rear surround, Front height, rear height are Ascend HTM-200
    Subwoofer, Rythmik f12, purchased 10 years ago

Used mainly for HT.

Time to act, wife want to buy me second sub for Christmas!

Room is about 19 feet front to rear, with raised cathedral ceiling, perhaps 20 feet at center.
    from of room opens to kitchen on left, and dining room on right.
    Current sub is on floor to right of right front speakers and stereo cabinet.
    easiest place for sub is front left.

EDIT: room dimensions
    Listening area, 16 feet wide x 19 feet deep, cathedral ceiling almost 20 ft peak in center from room. There is a wing area to the right of the room that is totally open to the listening area that is about 7 feet wide and 19 deep. Ceiling slopes down to about 9 feet on the right and perhaps 12 feet on the left. Kitchen opening on the left is about 8 feet wide on the left, dining opening is smaller perhaps 5 feet on the right.

What are your thoughts and recommendations for sub and location? EDIT: my preferred sub locations may be keep the current location on the right, a few feet right of the right speakers, and new location to the left of the left speakers, since I already have a cable run to the left side.

Thank you so much in advance!

Jeff
    Last edited by ride525; 12-29-2020 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Adding room dimensions