Thread: Best amp recommendations to compliment the Sierra Towers or Sierra 2EX

Default Best amp recommendations to compliment the Sierra Towers or Sierra 2EX

Surveying the forum for amplifier recommendations to pair with Sierra Towers and Sierra 2EX both with RAAL, as I have not quite made my mind up on which will be my next set of speakers.

I am focusing on a 2 channel listening experience for both digital and turntable music listening.

My primary genres: Jazz, Funk, R&B Soul, Singer-Songwriter, Alternative Rock and a sprinkle of Hip-Hop

Looking for an amplifier that can handle a Moving Coil or a Moving Magnet phono cartridge for vinyl listening.

Overall I like a neutral and natural sound. I want to hear the music exactly as it was intended to be heard.

Someone mentioned that Dave recommends Class AB amplifiers for his speakers, if that helps.

Default Re: Best amp recommendations to compliment the Sierra Towers or Sierra 2EX

From your other post, currently you are using a Technics turntable, as I recall.
    What's the rest of your system currently, particularly preamp (or AVR/integrated/etc.) and amp?
    Looking for a pure amplifier (which likely will not have a phono stage/input) or integrated amp (which may)?
    Would you consider a stand-alone phono stage?
    Solid state or tube or hybrid?
    Overall budget?

You are correct - Dave did recommend AB (Class A would work as well, but alot more $ and heat), particularly over Class D (particularly with RAALs as some may be sensitive to the high frequencies that they can reproduce from the class D).

Default Re: Best amp recommendations to compliment the Sierra Towers or Sierra 2EX

If you value sound quality above fancy equipment and can do without a remote, this offers excellent performance:
    https://avahifi.com/collections/powe...trol-amplifier

https://avahifi.com/collections/for-...o-preamplifier

You save $100 on the phono preamp when purchased together.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Thanks for posting those, Ed. They look interesting.