Thread: Exploring a move from 2.0 to 2.1 or 2.2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Exploring a move from 2.0 to 2.1 or 2.2

I have the Ascend RAAL Towers and am considering adding subs. I have never added a sub before. My listening habits are 50% music / 50% HT. I added a pic to show my basement setup. Ignore the stand mounters as they will be moved to another location. Appreciate the forums help in addressing my questions...

1. Will adding subs really make that much difference when added to the Ascend Towers? I do not like booming bass but will likely appreciate a deep and tight low end. My musical tastes are all over the place and include rock, jazz, pop, vocals, folk, etc
    2. I read most of the previous threads on Rythmik subwoofers. In a thread that was a couple of years old Dave really loved the dual F8Â’s with his towers. Is this setup good for my basement setup? It is an open 800 sq foot basement but the listening space is in one section about 10x12 - see pic.
    3. I have no idea how to hookup a sub. Does it connect to preamp or amp and what type of connections? Reading the internet only confused matters as multiple hookups were described. What is best if I am running a Benchmark HDR dac/pre and Parasound A21 two channel amp. The amp has left and right loop outs and balanced xlrs available.
    Attached Images Attached Images