Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-Destructive ceiling mounts for HTM-200's

Default Re: Non-Destructive ceiling mounts for HTM-200's

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    those should work and hopefully screw holes are aligned with those in the HTM's...otherwise you may need to drill additional holes.
    I'm trying really hard to avoid that. Drilling into speaker cabinets gives me the willies.

My backup right now is two of these (https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Uni..._t3_B008J56UH0). My mounting would just have to be more precise.

Sorry it wasn't clear - I meant drilling holes in the bracket that mounts to the speakers.
    You're backup brackets may not support the HTM's...you may need 2 per speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Sorry it wasn't clear - I meant drilling holes in the bracket that mounts to the speakers.
    You're backup brackets may not support the HTM's...you may need 2 per speaker.
    Got it. Yeah, if the brackets are close but not quite there, I'm going to try to Dremel them a bit.

The backups would require a pair per speaker. So I'd actually have to do some measuring and use some precision. I'm trying to start with the easiest solution and work down. Absolute worse case, I could building something to work. Just kinda hoping this is a drill-only install.

yeah, a Dremel would work too. Looking at them again, it looks like holes for the mount to speaker are elongated so perhaps no modification will be needed. On the back of the HTM, it looks to be about 2" center to center for the existing mounting holes by a quick measurement.

Those have a 10lb limit....idk...if that was my decision... I'd want something more heavy duty....but I'm anal that way...I reckon.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Hi. What mounts did you end up using to mount your 200's from the ceiling?