Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-Destructive ceiling mounts for HTM-200's

Default Non-Destructive ceiling mounts for HTM-200's

I'm looking for some non-destructive speaker mounts (i.e. ones I don't have to drill into the speaker box for) for a pair of HTM-200's I'm going to use for read surround. Anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: Non-Destructive ceiling mounts for HTM-200's

The HTM-200's have mounting points on the back already.

Something like these should work.
    https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Pro...dp/B00KFSP82C/

This style will work too:
    https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Univers.../dp/B01MZE0O8U
    Last edited by curtis; 11-05-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    -curtis

I left out a really important detail, I apologize. I want to mount them from the ceiling. Any other suggestions?

I think the 2nd ones posted by Curtis should work. They clamp the speakers pretty firmly. I use these with HTM200's, although wall mounted very close to the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by risingfish View Post
    I left out a really important detail, I apologize. I want to mount them from the ceiling. Any other suggestions?
    Do you intend to hang the speakers so they are aiming directly to the floor (parallel to the ceiling) or such that they are aiming towards the front of the room (right angle to the ceiling)?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I think the 2nd ones posted by Curtis should work. They clamp the speakers pretty firmly. I use these with HTM200's, although wall mounted very close to the ceiling.
    I used those clamping ones on my walls, with my Lunas at a modest angle, and almost lost them - they 'crept' out over time (the adhesive cushions did not stay in place on the mount). The pads stayed in place against the speakers, but the adhesive allowed the pads to move along the mount over time. SO, I later added a wire retainer using the back speaker mounting hole to ensure it couldn't go far enough to get out.
    Last edited by jimb; 11-08-2020 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Clarified adhesive creep

Angled roughly to the front of the room. They'll be about 5 feet behind the main seating area, which they'll be pointing at. The ceiling is just shy of 8' tall.

@jimb yeah, that is what I am worried about. The clamping ones work great when the speaker mount is on a wall, but I don't want these sliding out of the mounts.

The clamps tighten really well. Mine have not backed off at all in over a year so I don't think vibration from the speaker is loosening them. That said, the bottoms are supported.

Maybe use the clamp and some Blu Tak for additional factor of safety? Could probably also add an angle iron or flat support that is drilled - attach somewhere to the clamp (likely may need to drill & tap) and the stock mounting hole on the speaker

I know this is an older thread, but I'm curious about the outcome. I'm trying to do something similar. I've put in an order for the 200's, and also this mount (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Just kinda guessing it would work, but was wondering if anyone had discovered a tried and true method.

those should work and hopefully screw holes are aligned with those in the HTM's...otherwise you may need to drill additional holes.