Thread: Moving in one week - Two vastly rooms to choose in which to set up my Sierra 2EX.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Moving in one week - Two vastly rooms to choose in which to set up my Sierra 2EX.

Hello.

I am thoroughly enjoying my Sierra 2 EX speakers. They are powered by a fully restored Nikko Alpha II, 120 watts per channel, along with a fully restored Nikko Beta 20 pre amp. My sources are TV, CD and vinyl....two channel only....no sub needed!

So now I need to choose one of two rooms. I prefer the living room but it has a vaulted ceiling. The other room is the lower level multi purpose room which will have a sitting area, exercise equipment and my professional audio/PA system.

I guess my main question is related to vaulted ceilings in general since the room I prefer to set up my audio has one.

Does anyone have a similar set up or knowledge of a vaulted ceiling and how it impacts sound?

Here are a few pictures of the rooms. I would place the TV between the window and the speakers out into the room as far away from the corners as possible.

IMG_3289 2.jpg

Lower level room

IMG_3304 2.jpg
    Last edited by rifmon; 09-27-2020 at 05:16 AM.