Thread: What center to choice?

Default What center to choice?

I'm at a lost on selecting a center channel to finish the system. My L&R are Sierra 2 with HTM all around. I have a fire place with a 92" motorized screen that comes down above the fire place. At the moment I mounted a paradigms bookshelf above the screen ceiling mounted.

The paradigms sound okay but I want the fronts to match. My choices are to stay with Sierra 2 or go with a Duo. Placment would be where the paradigms is. Seating distance is around 13-15ft angled towards the listing postion. Ill try to post pictures for a better understanding and ideas.

System
    Fronts L&R:Sierra S2
    Center:Paradigm Atom? X 1
    Sounds:HTM-200se x 2
    Atmos:HTM-200 x 4
    Sub:Svs PB-2000
    Layout:5.1.4

Marantz:SR6014
    Xbox one
    Panasonic blu-ray

Default Re: What center to choice?

From what I've read the Duo is the better center channel and especially so considering a challenging placement such as yours. If you're comfortable with posting a picture of the front of your room, that would be helpful for getting recommendations
    Nate

I'm having a hard time uploading images. They are to big but I can't resize it on my phone. Hope anybody can help

I use windows paint and resize with that. Not sure on a phone
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    I'm having a hard time uploading images. They are to big but I can't resize it on my phone. Hope anybody can help
    Upload to Imgur and link from there.

Any chance you could use a small stand in front of the fireplace and place the Paradigm speaker on it, instead of having it all the way up at the ceiling?

Choose a stand so that the speaker sits just below the projector screen.

I think you'd get better performance if all three of your front speakers are at about the same height.

Angling that center speaker down is a good idea, but I think it would be much better if it were lower.

I can understand that you wouldn't want a speaker in front of the fireplace all the time, but with a small-ish speaker and a small stand, you could always just grab them and move them aside when not using them.

As to your question, three identical front speakers is an ideal, but either speaker would work. The Luna Duo would have the advantage of being shorter (if you choose to use a stand and place the speaker below the screen).

I agree with Beave. If you could put the center on a stand below the screen, that would be better than mounted way up by the ceiling.

Either would work, but the Duo is the better center than the S2. I went from S2 center to Duo and find dialog much better/clearer.

I would like to keep the center out of the way from the fireplace. To my surprise it sounds good. When it time to upgrade my screen I'm going to make a shelf in between the fireplace and screen. Seems the Duo has a better performance for center channel duties.

Thank you for all the inputs