Thread: Ascend Subwoofer

Default Ascend Subwoofer

If you visit the Ascend web site, there's a teaser about a subwoofer announcement. I'll be in the market in a month or two. Any idea what quarter a subwoofer rollout is expected?

Doug

Default Re: Ascend Subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
    If you visit the Ascend web site, there's a teaser about a subwoofer announcement. I'll be in the market in a month or two. Any idea what quarter a subwoofer rollout is expected?

Doug
    Hi Doug,

Sorry -- really need to change that info on the website We are indeed working on a few things over here but to be perfectly frank, I have no idea when we will be in a position to make formal announcements.

I hate to say this, but -- please stay tuned...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Doug,

And here I am ready to throw money at you!

Thanks for the reply Dave. Maybe by the time I'm ready, you'll be ready too!

Doug

Hi Doug,

Sorry -- really need to change that info on the website We are indeed working on a few things over here but to be perfectly frank, I have no idea when we will be in a position to make formal announcements.

I'm still tuned .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

I guess I'm happy to see Dave working on this from a business perspective (if that makes sense), but from an Ascend sound perspective well..... I don't see that perspective at all. In my novice opinion, "sub" sound and a particular speaker brand's sound/tonality have about the same relationship as apples and oranges.

The Ascend sound for me will never include a subwoofer. I just think "boom, boom" when I think subwoofers, and the better of them to me don't boom so much, but just blend better. But a great blending sub could come from any brand and working equally well with my Ascends. One doesn't "timber match" a sub, in other words.

If I were selfish and all-powerful, Dave would be using all his time just making better speakers for me to upgrade to.

I was quite content to buy my HSU through Ascend back when they did that.
    Last edited by azanon; 05-08-2008 at 08:18 AM.

Well I can't stayed tuned any longer. Sorry. I was very tuned.

But I just had to pull the trigger on a SVS PB-13ultra. On the upside I was able to get it in a piano gloss black to hopefully go well with the sierra's.

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    I guess I'm happy to see Dave working on this from a business perspective (if that makes sense), but from an Ascend sound perspective well..... I don't see that perspective at all. In my novice opinion, "sub" sound and a particular speaker brand's sound/tonality have about the same relationship as apples and oranges.

The Ascend sound for me will never include a subwoofer. I just think "boom, boom" when I think subwoofers, and the better of them to me don't boom so much, but just blend better. But a great blending sub could come from any brand and working equally well with my Ascends. One doesn't "timber match" a sub, in other words.

If I were selfish and all-powerful, Dave would be using all his time just making better speakers for me to upgrade to.

I was quite content to buy my HSU through Ascend back when they did that.
    Wow, you must have only heard the wrong subs if the term "subwoofer" makes you think of "boom boom", only the better ones only blend better. Yikes.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3 View Post
    Wow, you must have only heard the wrong subs if the term "subwoofer" makes you think of "boom boom", only the better ones only blend better. Yikes.
    If only he knew a nice local guy willing to come over with a calibration DVD and SPL meter.

ClutchBrake siting!! Where have you been?
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
    If only he knew a nice local guy willing to come over with a calibration DVD and SPL meter.

Lol, nice. Would that be you?
    Jon O.