Thread: Sierra 2/2EX upgrade to towers??

Default Sierra 2/2EX upgrade to towers??

So i was wondering if you could upgrade the Sierra 1 to 2/2EX can it be done to the towers?

Default Re: Sierra 2/2EX upgrade to towers??

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    So i was wondering if you could upgrade the Sierra 1 to 2/2EX can it be done to the towers?
    Completely different engineering.

The midrange in the Tower is purpose built for its particular job. It really isn't interchangeable with the woofer in the 2EX.

What pieces were you thinking could be upgraded?
    -curtis

Hi Mdinno,

Are you referring to replacing the woofers in the towers with the Sierra-2EX woofers?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

My friend and I were talking about saving up for them. He already has the Sierra 2 but were wondering if the upgrade could be done to the towers. If I understand it correctly the towers is a Sierra 1 with 2 extra woofers. Theoretically it should be able to be done. Imagine the towers with the 2EX upgrade it would be out of this world. Just a convo that came up and thought I'd start a thread about it.

My friend and I were talking about saving up for them. He already has the Sierra 2 but were wondering if the upgrade could be done to the towers. If I understand it correctly the towers is a Sierra 1 with 2 extra woofers. Theoretically it should be able to be done. Imagine the towers with the 2EX upgrade it would be out of this world. Just a convo that came up and thought I'd start a thread about it.
    the drivers in the standard Tower are different than in the Sierra-1, and is a 3-way speaker while the Sierra-1 is a 2-way.
    First, the Tower has a midrange driver that the Sierra-1 doesn’t have.
    Second, while the woofers in the Tower look the same as the woofer in the Sierra-1, they are different.

The standard Sierra-1 and standard Tower don’t have any drivers in common. The Sierra-1 NRT has the same tweeter as the standard Tower.
    -curtis

Hi MDinno,

Curtis is correct - our standard Sierra Tower actually doesn't share anything in common with the Sierra-1, other than our overall design philosophy for our Sierra speakers as a whole.

The tower is a 3-way speaker, with a dedicated midrange driver in a sealed enclosure. It has 2 bass woofers that do look similar to the single woofer in the Sierra-1, but they are not the same nor or they interchangeable. The dome version of the Sierra Tower also uses our NrT dome, which is an overall higher performance tweeter compared to the tweeter in the Sierra-1.

We already offer a RAAL ribbon upgrade for our Sierra Tower, but this is actually a different RAAL ribbon tweeter than what is used in the Sierra-1 to Sierra-2/2EX upgrade. The tower uses a customized version of the RAAL 70-20xram, which is a higher performance ribbon tweeter compared to the RAAL we use in the Sierra-2/Sierra-2EX.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Well I guess i didn't know what the hell I was talking about. Sounds like the towers are a completely different animal. I hope to own them one day!

Well I guess i didn't know what the hell I was talking about. Sounds like the towers are a completely different animal. I hope to own them one day!
    They are very impressive speakers and we are here for you if you have any questions.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by DDsnno View Post
    My friend and I were saving up for them. He already has the Sierra 2 but were if the upgrade could be done to the towers. If I understand it correctly the towers is a Sierra 1 with 2 extra woofers. Theoretically it should be able get phentermine alternatives over the counter to alternatives and get the same results done. Imagine the towers with the 2EX upgrade it would be out of this world. Just a convo that came up last night and thought I'd start a thread about it.
    I cannot wait to order an upgrade kit for my Sierra 2s. ... Sierra-2EX RAAL Ribbon Tweeter Bamboo Cabinet Loudspeaker ... of Ascend has hit this speaker out of the park! these speakers remind me of the Ascend Tower Raal,
    Last edited by RobertCarr; 07-08-2023 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinnos View Post
    My friend and I were talking about saving up for them. He already has the Sierra 2 but were wondering if legal steroids works and the upgrade could be done to the towers. If I understand it correctly the towers is a Sierra 1 with 2 extra woofers. Theoretically it should be able to be done. Imagine the towers with the 2EX upgrade it would be out of this world. Just a convo that came up and thought I'd start a thread about it.
    If you like your Sierra 1s the Sierra 2 and 2EX are both nice upgrades. ... I love my Sierra 2s and Sierra ribbon towers.
    Last edited by EricHale; 11-08-2022 at 11:34 AM.