Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amp recommendation for the 2EX + Horizon LCR combo

Default Re: Amp recommendation for the 2EX + Horizon LCR combo

FWIW, I would go with "more than necessary" amplification, to the extent that it's possible...I have S2's (ribbon, but not EX) as my L/R currently, and "recently" upgraded from an "integrated amp/receiver" to separates, including 400 W/ch D-sonic...it's dramatic, and I now understand review terms like "air", "effortless", "sing"...my S2's (not EX's...yet) are my main L/R and the 400 w/ch really lets them do what they do best without "working"...can't wait to get towers and "relegate" the S2's to surround duty....
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

Quote Originally Posted by esnewtunemakers View Post
    FWIW, I would go with "more than necessary" amplification, to the extent that it's possible...I have S2's (ribbon, but not EX) as my L/R currently, and "recently" upgraded from an "integrated amp/receiver" to separates, including 400 W/ch D-sonic...it's dramatic, and I now understand review terms like "air", "effortless", "sing"...my S2's (not EX's...yet) are my main L/R and the 400 w/ch really lets them do what they do best without "working"...can't wait to get towers and "relegate" the S2's to surround duty....
    Thank you! That’s good info.

Quote Originally Posted by esnewtunemakers View Post

Thanks for posting this. I've been thinking about adding a power amp to my system, but wasn't sure if there would be a noticeable benefit. Your post answers that question for me.

How about this, for $1,200:

https://emotiva.com/collections/home...cts/xpa-3-gen3

and you can find a used Gen 2 at much less:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Emotiva-XPA...8AAOSwoqZfSwHb

I ended up getting the Outlaw Audio 5000x.

Good choice. I have no complaints with my Outlaw monoblocks.