Thread: Salimander / BDI type Cabinet options?

Default Salimander / BDI type Cabinet options?

I have a Salamander 237 Cabinet that my wife hates. It's too dark and heavy looking for her....

But it holds up a 58 OLED, has a Duo in the middle behind a screen, holds my anthem 720 which is a horse, and a CD, DVD, Cable box, apple tv, etc. So for me it's much appreciated. I could easily mount the tv to the wall -- my old plasma was much heavier.

I've looked over the other Salamander and BDI models to find a more interesting design. But so far she doesn't like any of them.

Are there any alternatives that are basically good quality low wide cabinets (and assume I've already googled the heck out of this) that are less known?

I'm even considering whether I could hack the design and maybe just paint or remake the doors in a frosted glass.

(BTW She's generally really low maintenance and was totally fine with the S2ex, subwoofer and the 58" tv. Not to mention drums!)

Default Re: Salimander / BDI type Cabinet options?

Mounting your TV to the wall gives more latitude for cabinets and center speaker location. This would give you a choice of Salamander 2 enclosure models. Not so wide and dark.
    https://www.salamanderdesigns.com/av...-white-323-rm/

Thx - I'll let you know what the feedback is. I guess it would go in the middle so I could put the Duo on top. Or I'd mount the center to the wall too.

Interested in the outcome...I just ordered a Salamander Synergy setup from a local dealer (had to go with Synergy to accommodate an 11" high Horizon center) ...which is the result of me being a procrastinator (want a Oppo 4k player...dang it, I use to be an "early adopter" but got lazy!!). Significant other is not happy with the quality ("looks like someone built this in their garage"), and sad for procrastinating a "Standout Designs" unit...a bit more expensive, but even more "hobby-centric" than even Salamander (why don't Salamander systems include "ventilated" shelves? Think I will rout out slots in the shelves myself, but c'mon...isn't that basic stuff for hobbyists?)
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

The Salamander Synergy looks like a nice option to me but it's expensive. Are there any cheaper options (IKEA cheap) that can hold the Horizon and a 65" TV on top? I haven't seen anything cheap recommended.