Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
Yeah, the hair dryer sounds like a bad idea
Yeah, not something I'm gonna try to test my hypothesis, lol.

Does anyone know if the plate the screen is attached to comes off without having to remove the whole tweeter? The reason I have so many speakers is because I find them dirt cheap and often in need of new drivers, grilles, cleanup, etc on CL. I make sure I can source oem parts before buying then fix 'em up again for resale.

I'm not really making any money doing it but I'm getting to listen to lots of different speakers from different companies on my own setup in my room. It's more a labor of love because I really enjoy this hobby and love speakers. Problem is, when I get them fixed up I end up wanting to keep them! So now I have a room full of working speakers I don't often listen to, lol. I really need to get some of them listed...

Anyhoo, I'm comfortable taking speakers apart and putting them back together. The RAAL tweeters however, are a whole different animal and right now I'm half afraid if I so much as give them a dirty look I'm going to find out that they're also super sensitive and get their feelings hurt easily...