Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra 2 tweeter damage...

Default Sierra 2 tweeter damage...

So my friend bought a pair of Sierra 2 off of the internet but the tweeters aren't working. So can we buy new tweeters from Ascend to replace. There seems to be some tears in the tweeters. Not sure what could have caused this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Sierra 2 tweeter damage...

Probably caused by someone playing too loud and an amp clipping.

You should call Dina/Ascend on Monday -- they'll likely be able to sell you the tweeters.

S1 to S2 upgrade kits are also available directly on the site. These have the tweeter, but also include woofer and cross-over which you won't need.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Probably caused by someone playing too loud and an amp clipping.

You should call Dina/Ascend on Monday -- they'll likely be able to sell you the tweeters.

S1 to S2 upgrade kits are also available directly on the site. These have the tweeter, but also include woofer and cross-over which you won't need.
    Thanks...can we upgrade to the EX with the tweeter?
    Last edited by MDinno; 07-26-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    Thanks...can we upgrade to the EX with the tweeter?
    The Sierra-2 and the Sierra-2EX both use the same the same RAAL tweeter, so the answer is yes. The upgrade kit for to the Sierra-1 to Sierra-2EX will also include a woofer, tweeter, and crossover.

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/Merch..._Code=7SR1T2EX

The Sierra-1, Sierra-2, and Sierra-2EX all use a different woofer.

The Sierra-1 has a different tweeter.

Did your friend know the speakers were damaged before buying them?
    Last edited by curtis; 07-26-2020 at 07:46 AM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The Sierra-2 and the Sierra-2EX both use the same the same RAAL tweeter, so the answer is yes. The upgrade kit for to the Sierra-1 to Sierra-2EX will also include a woofer, tweeter, and crossover.

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/Merch..._Code=7SR1T2EX

The Sierra-1, Sierra-2, and Sierra-2EX all use a different woofer.

The Sierra-1 has a different tweeter.

Did your friend know the speakers were damaged before buying them?
    The seller said in the description about the tweeter having a tear. Even had a pic of it like the one I just posted here that we took but said it worked perfectly. So I don't know He got a great deal on them. Otherwise they are in mint condition. Really excited about getting these speakers so it was a little let down. Sounds like they were blown by an underpowered receiver trying to crank. So you saying I have to get the Sierra 1 to 2 upgrade to get the tweeter? Can we order just the tweeter and perhaps the 2EX upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    The seller said in the description about the tweeter having a tear. Even had a pic of it like the one I just posted here that we took but said it worked perfectly. So I don't know He got a great deal on them. Otherwise they are in mint condition. Really excited about getting these speakers so it was a little let down. Sounds like they were blown by an underpowered receiver trying to crank. So you saying I have to get the Sierra 1 to 2 upgrade to get the tweeter? Can we order just the tweeter and perhaps the 2EX upgrade?
    You should be able to just get the tweeter if that is what you want.
    As racrawford posted, call Ascend/Dina to get your options.
    -curtis

Awesome, thanks guys!

RAAL tweeters won't work perfectly if torn...they won't work at all...no way to vibrate to create sound. You could try talking with seller since he was not 100% upfront (he did say about the tear). Depending on how paid, you may have recourse.

If you get the S1 to S2EX upgrade, you get everything needed -- woofer, tweeter, crossover.
    If you get the S2 to S2EX kit, you get everything needed - woofer, crossover. No tweeter as S2 and S2EX have same.
    So, if you want to upgrade to the EX, that would be the way I'd go. If you just want to replace the tweeters, you'll need to call Ascend. I'm pretty sure they'll sell you one. I blew one on my S2's awhile ago and was able to get a tweeter.

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/Merch..._Code=UPGRADES

Looks like Curtis is a faster typist :-)

Eek! "Appears to be torn" is an understatement! My stomach sank for you when I saw the title.

Give them a call. Things are a little upside down over there right now and Dina has been a little slow getting back to me, but was absolutely willing to work with me and I'm sure you guys can get a resolution figured out. Too bad the EX kits don't include a tweeter too. You could not only fix, but upgrade them too.

Just brace yourself. Those tweeters ain't cheap! This is a positive case of you get what you pay for tho. Best sounding tweeters I've heard.