Thread: guys and gals it has been awhile, now i am back...question about center channel

Default guys and gals it has been awhile, now i am back...question about center channel

i have the 340 lcr and 170 for a long time now, all classics

i recently got a pair of 340se but no center se... i really like the se and enjoying them very much

i am still using the center classic and my question is would the center se give a discernible improvement?...also would a sierra 1 center be better than the se?

btw, hi curtis, hi dave...

Default Re: guys and gals it has been awhile, now i am back...question about center channel

Quote Originally Posted by rosa View Post

i recently got a pair of 340se but no center se... i really like the se and enjoying them very much

i am still using the center classic and my question is would the center se give a discernible improvement?...also would a sierra 1 center be better than the se?

rosa!! How have you been? Everyone, rosa has been a member for a long time, from the original forum.

I think the 340SE would make a difference. While the Sierra-1 is a better speaker, a 340SE would be a better match IMO.

I actually have a pair of 170 classics stored in my garage, and l/c/r 340 classics stored at my Parent's in Rancho Palos Verdes....probably neighbors of yours. Come to think of it, there are 170 classics also at my Parent's not being used. They are currently using Sierra-1's for l/c/r....mostly my Dad watches Angel games on that system(before COVID).

I hope all is well with you!
    -curtis

Default Re: guys and gals it has been awhile, now i am back...question about center channel

welcome back, rosa

Quote Originally Posted by rosa View Post

Hey Rosa!

Wow - been many, many years!

Try this simple test -- swap your 340 classic center with one of your 340SE's. Do you like what you hear?

From a technical standpoint, the Sierra-1 center is the "better" center compared to the 340SE center, but since you have left/right 340SE mains, I would stick with 340SE center or just keep your classic center.

Hope all is well!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

thanks for the welcome everybody!...appreciate the feedback...