Thread: Sierra 1 LCR for HT

Default Sierra 1 LCR for HT

Hi, I’m looking at potential options to upgrade the LCR for my living room system. Due to space constraints for my center, the CMT-340 isn’t an option. The Sierra Duo LCR with Sierra 2EX would be awesome, but is more than I’m looking to budget. An option that might fit for both space and budget is the Sierra 1 for both mains and center, but I don’t see a lot of recent discussion on the Sierra 1.

Is the Sierra 1 still a good option for HT or is it completely out-classed by the newer offerings?

Is the Sierra 1 center good for dialog clarity - that is one of the main things I’m looking for in a center.

Also, I haven’t seen any pictures of Sierra’s on the TP-24 stands - do they integrate well to look like a tower speaker? Unfortunately, the Sierra 1 doesn’t come in matte black to match the stands- I’m not sure if that would be an issue for the look.

Thanks! Jon

Default Re: Sierra 1 LCR for HT

Sierra-1 is an excellent option.

How much clearance will you have behind the speakers?
    -curtis

About 20” behind the mains and 10” behind the center.

Sierra-1 for left/right and center is a fantastic choice and still a very popular option. Plus you can always upgrade to Sierra-2EX at some point in the future
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I've been using Sierra 1's for over 13 years for my LRCs. Have an same age Onkyo receiver and an even older NAD amp, bridged, that drives those front 3 speakers. Using HTM 200's for rears and a different brand for sides. Going to replace sides and upgrade receiver to add atmos later this year, adding some Sonance VP6Xs.

I don't feel any need to upgrade my Sierra 1's. Dialog is clear and they just sound great.
    Thought about it, but decided to spend the money on a new receiver instead.

Sierra1 LCR are a Fantastic front stage. I don't have the TP-24 Stands, but they look great no matter what they are on.
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

Quote Originally Posted by muzz View Post
    Sierra1 LCR are a https://napsgear.to/ Fantastic front stage. I don't have the TP-24 Stands, but they look great no matter what they are on.
    completely agree with this. i've seen one a while ago and it was perfect. thinking about getting myself one too
    Last edited by DonaldsonMuller; 11-20-2020 at 10:04 AM. Reason: grammar