Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for new AVR, Pre/Pro

Default Re: Recommendation for new AVR, Pre/Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    If I HAD the money, I'd go with a Bryston SP4!
    Nice unit, but a pretty hefty price jump to get that fancy casework and long warranty!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Nice unit, but a pretty hefty price jump to get that fancy casework and long warranty!
    Yeah...for $17k...it opens up another world of options, and I also believe it shares the same chassis/design as some other processors that cost a lot less.
    Bryston has great warranties, but how long of a warranty do you need on a pre/pro. The 20 year warranty on their amps is awesome!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I think you are correct in that the bigger amps are still made by ATI.

Now, who's kidding who :-) ?. I have my eye on the HTP-1 also. Of all the 16+ channel pre-pros, seems to be the most stable and has lots of support from Monolith/ATI (who I believe makes it) in working out any bugs.

Set for amps at the moment, although I have considered either a Monolith or D-Sonic in 7 or 9 channels.
    Yes...the HTP-1 is also made by ATI. Support on pre/pros and AVRs is important...as you know! (cough...Emotiva...cough).

I used to be all-in with class D, especially when thinking multi-channel. Nowadays, I am kind of wavering, although I would like to experience an amp based on nCore.
    -curtis

ATI AT52XNC is another one. D-class with very good reviews for $2995.00 at amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Amplifier-Tec...-items&sr=1-13

Quote Originally Posted by parmodmehta View Post
    ATI AT52XNC is another one. D-class with very good reviews for $2995.00 at amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Amplifier-Tec...-items&sr=1-13
    Nice! That is an nCore based amp.

Geez...ATI sells on Amazon?
    -curtis

The ATI class D's are nice and use torroidial transformers. There two 2-channel on usaudiomart.com for sale. This one is a steal. I'm tempted but must resist as just ordered 2nd Rythmik a few days ago.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...3-ati-at522nc/

I'd like to hear an nCore amp as well. VTV amplifiers have several models at reasonable prices, as does Nord. I've heard a D-Sonic with Paschal modules and they sound fantastic. I've read that some think these are better than the nCores.
    Last edited by racrawford65; 07-15-2020 at 02:28 PM.

The ATI class D's are nice and use torroidial transformers. There two 2-channel on usaudiomart.com for sale. This one is a steal. I'm tempted but must resist as just ordered 2nd Rythmik a few days ago.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...3-ati-at522nc/

I'd like to hear an nCore amp as well. VTV amplifiers have several models at reasonable prices, as does Nord. I've heard a D-Sonic with Paschal modules and they sound fantastic. I've read that some think these are better than the nCores.
    I try not to look at ads...hard to resist some times.

Off-topic...
    Did you see the pair of Towers w/RAALs on sale on Audiomart a few weeks ago for $1300/pr???
    After communicating with the seller, long story short, when I decided to pull the trigger, he had local buyer visiting him that night, and sold them. Crazy!!
    -curtis

Yes, I did see them. Sorry you missed the opportunity. I missed a deal on a Soundsmith Hyperion about a month ago on audiogon. Low hour 9K cartridge for under 3k. Plus Soundsmith rebuilds for 850 when needed. Should have pulled the trigger, but with a new in the box Paua that I got for 1/2 retail, too much indecision. Now I'm tempted to pick up that ATI amp. Even if I don't use it, could probably flip it for more than they are asking..... but saving up for next upgrade (VPI Fatboy) after the next sub gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I try not to look at ads...hard to resist some times.

Off-topic...
    Did you see the pair of Towers w/RAALs on sale on Audiomart a few weeks ago for $1300/pr???
    After communicating with the seller, long story short, when I decided to pull the trigger, he had local buyer visiting him that night, and sold them. Crazy!!
    This is how I purchased my RAAL Sierra Horizon. Local craigslist, and I think paid $700.

Yes, I did see them. Sorry you missed the opportunity. I missed a deal on a Soundsmith Hyperion about a month ago on audiogon. Low hour 9K cartridge for under 3k. Plus Soundsmith rebuilds for 850 when needed. Should have pulled the trigger, but with a new in the box Paua that I got for 1/2 retail, too much indecision. Now I'm tempted to pick up that ATI amp. Even if I don't use it, could probably flip it for more than they are asking..... but saving up for next upgrade (VPI Fatboy) after the next sub gets here.
    Excellent! A lot of that is greek to me as I am not into vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by parmodmehta View Post
    This is how I purchased my RAAL Sierra Horizon. Local craigslist, and I think paid $700.
    Wow...Craigslist? That's amazing!
    -curtis