Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for new AVR, Pre/Pro

Default Re: Recommendation for new AVR, Pre/Pro

But......

If you end up with a Denon, etc. that has Audyssey XT32 you MUST purchase the editor app for your mobile device. I took the opportunity to use it with my Denon X3300 and it definitely made things better with its ability to let you tweak the EQ curves and other attributes.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by parmodmehta View Post

not now, but any suggestions on pre?
    I love my Anthem AVM 60.

Like racrawford has been teasing me and saying, Anthem's new A/V receivers/processors look to be just around the corner, so a deal on the current stuff might possibly be available at good prices. I was able to get my Anthem during one of those 20% off sales.
    Last edited by curtis; 07-14-2020 at 01:07 PM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    But......

If you end up with a Denon, etc. that has Audyssey XT32 you MUST purchase the editor app for your mobile device. I took the opportunity to use it with my Denon X3300 and it definitely made things better with its ability to let you tweak the EQ curves and other attributes.
    They really need to make that app free.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I love my Anthem AVM 60.

Like racrawford has been teasing me and saying, Anthem's new A/V receivers/processors look to be just around the corner, so a deal on the current stuff might possibly be available at good prices. I was able to get my Anthem during one of those 20% off sales.
    You know you want a new one when it comes out :-)
    Just kidding, Curtis.

Quote Originally Posted by parmodmehta View Post
    I guess the goal is to improve the overall dynamic. At times, while watching movies and listening to music, I feel the sound is overly bright. Over time, I got used to it, but now and then it feels tiring. I don't know if this is because of the particular receiver I use or class D characteristic in general.

The goal is to build a system that I can live with for another ten years, so the budget is flexible.

I don't think I will get a decent AVR under $3000.

With pre/pro, I guess I can stagger the purchase overtime to save the upfront cost.

The Outlaw5000x or 7000x looks very promising.

My only concern with heat if the thing is going to burn down the house or stopped working altogether.

I guess I can take a chance with Outlaw and return if heating becomes an issue, the return policy is 30 days, which is enough time to test the equipment.

Thoughts?
    You could always try the Outlaw for 30 days. Not a bad looking amp. Outlaw has changed their site quite a bit. I seem to recall the 5000 may have had an internal fan in pics on the old site. Not sure who makes the Outlaw model now. Kind of reminds me of the old UPA series from Emotiva (except for the fan question as the UPA's were silent).

I still like the Monolith better, though. A bit more money, but made by ATI, who are well regarded company for amps. also 30 day trial period and 5 year warranty (ATI branded are generally 7). Designed and assembled in the USA.
    Last edited by racrawford65; 07-14-2020 at 04:03 PM.

In the past, I went cheap and ending up buying speakers that I didn't want to buy. I sold them but ended up losing money. I ended up spending more money than what the ascend would have cost me in the beginning.

Monoprice sound's like a good investment. It looks like a significant upgrade over my current setup, and I think I will be happy with the purchase for a long time.

Heating is a concern for me. I am going to talk with monoprice next week to go over my setup. A possible suggestion from this forum is to use AIRCOM T10 to reduce the heat.

The t10 is nice.
    You could also try something like their stand-alone fans. You could probably lay it on top of the component so it pulls heat out (blows up) to the top of your enclosure. They work pretty good - particularly sucking heat from a tube amp out of my entertainment center.

https://www.acinfinity.com/component...an-dual-120mm/

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    You know you want a new one when it comes out :-)
    Just kidding, Curtis.
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    You could always try the Outlaw for 30 days. Not a bad looking amp. Outlaw has changed their site quite a bit. I seem to recall the 5000 may have had an internal fan in pics on the old site. Not sure who makes the Outlaw model now. Kind of reminds me of the old UPA series from Emotiva (except for the fan question as the UPA's were silent).

I still like the Monolith better, though. A bit more money, but made by ATI, who are well regarded company for amps. also 30 day trial period and 5 year warranty (ATI branded are generally 7). Designed and assembled in the USA.
    FWIW, I believe Outlaw’s bigger amps are still made by ATI too.

If I had the money, I think I would go for the Monoprice HTP-1 pre/pro, and a Monolith amp. It’s too bad they don’t have a package deal.
    -curtis

Ha!

If I had the money, I think I would go for the Monoprice HTP-1 pre/pro, and a Monolith amp. It’s too bad they don’t have a package deal.
    I think you are correct in that the bigger amps are still made by ATI.

Now, who's kidding who :-) ?. I have my eye on the HTP-1 also. Of all the 16+ channel pre-pros, seems to be the most stable and has lots of support from Monolith/ATI (who I believe makes it) in working out any bugs.

Set for amps at the moment, although I have considered either a Monolith or D-Sonic in 7 or 9 channels.

Ha!

If I HAD the money, I'd go with a Bryston SP4!