Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pre/pro - AMP for Towers?

Default Re: pre/pro - AMP for Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    From my personal experience with the XMC-1 and following threads, I agree 100%.

It sounded great, but quirks, waiting for fixes, and waiting for promised upgrades/features left a lot to be desired. This is a recurring theme with their processors.
    Sounds like my UMC-1 experiences, plus a painful process for firmware updates and Big Dan's deception - starting the 30 day return window after a year or so of firmware upgrades with the most recent release (which still didn't fix issues) without telling customers the clock is ticking. Luckily I found out and was able to return mine. Read through the owner's thread on AVS for the RMC-1...same issues but with added caveat that it's not Emotiva's processor but other HDMI devices (even 1.4).

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Sounds like my UMC-1 experiences, plus a painful process for firmware updates and Big Dan's deception - starting the 30 day return window after a year or so of firmware upgrades with the most recent release (which still didn't fix issues) without telling customers the clock is ticking. Luckily I found out and was able to return mine. Read through the owner's thread on AVS for the RMC-1...same issues but with added caveat that it's not Emotiva's processor but other HDMI devices (even 1.4).
    I had pointed out before in threads around the webs that $400 receivers were/are doing HDMI connectivity better than the $2000+ Emotiva pre/pros.
    Also, on their new generation pre/pros, that they started delivering last year, with the promise of Dirac(coming soon for that year)...they just now started testing Dirac deployment, but their implementation of Dirac requires an external box/interface to function properly.

When I was having issues with what was promised, I did a lot of research on them....don't get me started.

In the last five years or so, when it comes to A/V electronics, I have become less and less of a tweaker. I want to set it up, and it should just work.
    Last edited by curtis; 06-29-2020 at 03:56 PM.
    -curtis

I looked at Emotiva but passed. Still liking Anthem!

Hows McIntosh fit in there or Harmon Kardon?

Quote Originally Posted by audiohead View Post
    I looked at Emotiva but passed. Still liking Anthem!

Hows McIntosh fit in there or Harmon Kardon?
    I sold the XMC-1 and bought an Anthem AVM 60. For me, it was a good move. Sounds great, no more issues, my HDMI sources connect fine(4K HDR and Dolby Vision pass through fine), I have Atmos capability, and good room correction(with good software support).

I had a Harmon Kardon receiver a long while ago that I liked. McIntosh is a different income bracket.
    -curtis