Thread: Upgrade Time Sierra 2 -> 2EX

Default Upgrade Time Sierra 2 -> 2EX

So I was talking to Dina yesterday about doing the EX upgrade on my S2s and decided to just go ahead and order the EX. So I'm replacing my S2 LCR with 2EX LR and Duo Center. Still wondering if I should have just gone for the Horizon because the shelves in my entertainment center are adjustable so I could make room for 11 inches but I just don't know how big the difference would be when using a sub-woofer. Also thought about the towers but my TV is 41 inches from the floor and towers are 43 inches so i would have to move the TV up which i really dont want to do. Anyway looking forward to trying out the new speakers. Ive had the S2s for a little over 3 years and they are still the best speakers Ive ever heard.

Default Re: Upgrade Time Sierra 2 -> 2EX

Congrats on the upgrade.
    You couldn't put the Towers on either side of the TV?

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Congrats on the upgrade.
    You couldn't put the Towers on either side of the TV?
    Thanks!
    Unfortunately my living room is where I have my home theater so I’m limited in what I can do. The 85inch takes up the whole area. Ideally I’d like to have the speakers further apart but I’ll have to wait till I can setup a dedicated room.

8B3B09F3-69A2-4F9A-B27B-FE970B894BEA.jpeg
    Last edited by mjpearce023; 06-18-2020 at 12:17 PM.

I don’t know why the pic is posting sideways but you get the point

yes, I get the point. Nice TV and can definitely see the challenge.

gives me TV envy!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    gives me TV envy!
    Thanks, that was actually my most recent upgrade, went from a Vizio P75 to the Sony 85f900. It would be difficult to fit anything bigger there so I think I'm set on TVs for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mjpearce023 View Post
    Thanks, that was actually my most recent upgrade, went from a Vizio P75 to the Sony 85f900. It would be difficult to fit anything bigger there so I think I'm set on TVs for a while.
    Nice!
    A month or so ago, I helped my Parents get a Vizio 65" P-Quantum. Excellent TV for $850.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Nice!
    A month or so ago, I helped my Parents get a Vizio 65" P-Quantum. Excellent TV for $850.
    Yeah the P series vizios are excellent. I loved the pic quality of the p75 and I would have gone vizio again if they had an 85inch last year.

My Sierra 2EX and Duo center are out for delivery today. Also ordered a parasound 2250v2 from amazon that is getting delivered today. I really wanted to try out an amp because sometimes I listen to music pretty loud and I sit 13 feet from the speakers. So my Anthem MRX 520 is rated at 100 watts 2 channels driven so thats 97 dbs at the listening position. I measured with my spl meter and I listen to music as high as 88 average dbs but there were some peaks in there close to 97 so I just didnt know if I had enough headroom to listen at those levels. I haven't heard distortion but at the same time I don't want to risk clipping the speakers. Amazon usually delivers in the morning and UPS comes after 5pm so I can at least test out the amp with my sierra 2s before the new speakers get here. I may be running ARC twice today.