Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atmos anyone?

Default Re: Atmos anyone?

Thx - mine's an older one.

There's no PEW but it has an Extension filter setting with Freq (14,28,20) and Damping (Low mid hi).

I'm after a very subtle effect. Between downstairs neighbors and a lifetime of playing drums, I don't need that much added bass!

Quote Originally Posted by Blingleberry View Post
    Thx - mine's an older one.

There's no PEW but it has an Extension filter setting with Freq (14,28,20) and Damping (Low mid hi).

I'm after a very subtle effect. Between downstairs neighbors and a lifetime of playing drums, I don't need that much added bass!
    Set the extension filter to 14, and damping hi. Adjust the volume or adjust the curve in Genesis/Arc to taste.
    -curtis

Hi,

I use the MRX720 subout to the Rythmik LFE input. This bypasses several sub amp controls (phase, crossover, and low pass). That said, I still set these to 0 phase, max crossover, and AVR/12 low pass.

As to the rest of the controls, I set them as
    Power - Auto (which defaults to Limiter on)
    PEQ - off
    Volume - to provide 75db at MLP when running ARC quick measure on the sub
    Rumble filter - On (as I mainly listen to vinyl)
    Damping - Hi
    Extension Frequency - 14.

I don't make any changes for other music sources or movies.

The only time I change these settings is before running ARC. Rumble filter to OFF, Damping to Low. No issues flipping damping to mid or high if run on low; would need to rerun ARC if not run on low for other damping settings - I don't recall the reasons why, but it was something I read on the internet as a recommendation from Brian D. for Audassey (so assume it applies to ARC, as well).

I've attached a couple of guides from Rythmik's site
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks so much!

Do you make much use of the 4 diff Profiles? I think I'll start on that next. I guess a good use would be 1) sweet spot 2) late night...?

I have 4 profiles set up. Three are 5.1.4 but different limits to ARC. One is at 5000 khz correction - for movies, tv, video. One is at 1000 khz (alternate for movies, tv, video). Third is at 250 hz (for multichannel music). 4th profile is 2.1 with ARC correction to 250 hz - this is my main profile for 2 channel (vinyl, cd's), although for vinyl I typically listen with ARC OFF, but analog processing on (for bass management, use of sub); turning analog processing off disables bass management.

I did have a 2.0 profile instead of one of the 5.1.4 for short time as alternate for music (vinyl). However, as good as the Towers sound, I prefer the sound with the sub.

Even with low ceilings you can still use Atmos overhead speakers. In-ceiling speakers at 45 degrees in front and behind is what you are aiming for. This is because the soundtracks are mastered with speakers at these angles. But, also if you label them as front heights and front rears, then they will also work with DTS X speaker configurations. I have only 7 foot tall ceilings and this is what I am aiming for. I plan to install them within the next year or so.