Thread: 2.1 Setup For Movies/Music

Question 2.1 Setup For Movies/Music

I just purchased a used Emotiva BasX TA-100 from OfferUp for the living room. Currently, I only have a vizio soundbar. The wife knew that I wanted to upgrade the vizio soundbar to something else so she just sprung her karaoke into the mix. She would like to sing along while watching karaoke videos on youtube. My current TV has only digital outputs and the wife already has 2 mics with a wireless basestation which has a TS output. Here is what I am thinking. I am looking to purchase the CMT-340 SE mini towers and the Dayton 12" sub to complete the 2.1 setup. Since the TV only has digital outputs, i'll purchase a FiiO D3 and use my old Rane TTM 56. So it will go TV ---> FiiO D3 ----> Rane TTM 56 | Wirelss MIC Basestation ---> Rane TTM 56 | Rane TTM 56 Master Output --> Emotiva BasX TA-100. If you guys would do this differntly please I am all ears. The Rane TTM 56 is going to take up alot of real estate on my entertaiment console but if there is a cheap and smaller option I would rather go with that.

To sum it up, would the CMT-340 SE mains be good choice with the above setup?

Default Re: 2.1 Setup For Movies/Music

I have the CMT-340SE as my mains, they sound great with both music and movies. With their high sensitivity they are an excellent choice for pairing with the Emotiva amp.

I am not familiar with the Dayton 12" sub. I have a Rythmik L12 and I can tell you it complements very well the 340s. I suggest you give it some thought. For a little over $1,000 you would have a killer 2.1 system.

Whatever you get, spend a little time in finding the best positioning for mains and sub. It will make a huge difference.