Thread: Kanto SP26PL Speaker Stands for Sierra 2EX

Default Kanto SP26PL Speaker Stands for Sierra 2EX

I was looking for good stands for the Sierra 2EXs that I just ordered and came across the Kanto SP26PL. It's a 26" inch stand that looks to be the recommended size for these speakers.

Has anyone used them and would anyone recommend them?

Default Re: Kanto SP26PL Speaker Stands for Sierra 2EX

28" might be just a touch tall. I think they'd probably work okay, but it would put your tweeter at ~40" from the floor and that's a few inches above my ear level when seated. I was looking for some 24" stands for my Sierra 2s.

I think tweeters at ear level is a good rule of thumb to keep in mind. For me that's almost exactly 36" from the floor, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    28" might be just a touch tall. I think they'd probably work okay, but it would put your tweeter at ~40" from the floor and that's a few inches above my ear level when seated. I was looking for some 24" stands for my Sierra 2s.

I think tweeters at ear level is a good rule of thumb to keep in mind. For me that's almost exactly 36" from the floor, YMMV.
    Oh okay cool, thanks. So I guess 26" inches should be alright.
    Last edited by omerome; 05-30-2020 at 06:02 PM.

FWIW, I use the Mono price monolith stands. Look nice and are quite sturdy. I filled one with sand but not the other (ran out of sand!). Can't hear a diff but I'll still fill it one of these days....