Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking of adding a second sub

Default Re: Thinking of adding a second sub

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    REALLY NICE! Have you pursued your dips at 120 and 180?
    Thanks! It took some time and effort. I'm still learning stuff every time I break the gear out. That's as much as I could do with my MiniDSP on the subs. I did go in after with the Audyssey app editor and managed to improve those dips a little higher up, but I do have a couple of room modes. I should have my new towers by Tuesday so I get to do it all over again! Yay..? lol

I'm planning to move some stuff around and scoot my MLP a little closer to the front stage this time and see if I can improve things even more.

Pogre, are you saying you could achieve a flat frequency response with 2 ported subs but you couldn't do the same with two sealed subs?

Depends on the subs and volume levels you're asking about I s'pose. With enough EQ, room gain and power I might be able to coax a pair of 15" sealed subs to play flat to 15 hz in my room, but not with the same authority, and not the same spl.

*Edit: To be fair, the sealed subs I had previously were 12s. I could dial them in flat to ~20 hz, but they were hitting their limits way too soon. In a room my size, using 2 subs I think ported is the only way to go. There are sealed designs that could do it too, but they're out of my price range.
    Last edited by Pogre; 06-06-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Placed my order today for a second E15 in black matte :-)
    Thanks, Dina!