Thread: HTM 200SE vs. CMT 340 Center

Default HTM 200SE vs. CMT 340 Center

I'm thinking of getting some speakers for my living room and looking towards something that is inexpensive, but still quite good. The room dimensions are roughly 17 ft by 19 ft. In the center listening position, it is about 12'6'' from the front wall to the seat.

This room is mainly where my kids and wife watch TV, whereas I do so in my dedicated theater room mostly. I might occasionally watch TV in the living room, but I do quite a bit of gaming in the living room. When I am in the living room, I often get the center seat, so it would be a good experience for me and I am the only one that is critical of the improvements in the best seat. However, I do want to make sure that every seat can get clear dialog from the center channel.

I'm leaning towards the CMT 340's for the main speakers and HTM 200SE's as surround speakers. The center channel is what I'm not quite so sure about. On the one hand the CMT 340 SE center would perfectly match the mains. However, the HTM 200SE speaker would have very wide horizontal dispersion to help with the wide seating area, with a recliner chair nearly on the left wall and the couch on the right wall. I think in terms of output the HTM 200SE's would be fine and this distance and the fact that we don't crank things up to reference volume. Just looking for suggestions. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images