Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contest!!!

Default GREAT stuff here..

Hi Guys,

This is all great stuff here and we will probably use bits and pieces from all your suggestions... (hats for everyone?

A few key points

1. We want to keep "loudspeakers" separate from "featured products" as a way to differentiate products which we manufacture.

2. I fully agree that our logo on the main page MUST link to the home page. Even I still tend to try and do this, to no avail..

3. I feel it is important to have our "reviews" section clearly identified on the menu bar... we want people to find them and read them

How do you all feel about this:

1. Shorten "featured products" to just "products"

2. Remove the menubar item "Latest News" and place it under a new "community" item

3. Add the "community" link which will feature, the forum, latest news, specials, announcements, and customer testimonials?

What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Hi Guys,

How do you all feel about this:

1. Shorten "featured products" to just "products"

2. Remove the menubar item "Latest News" and place it under a new "community" item

3. Add the "community" link which will feature, the forum, latest news, specials, announcements, and customer testimonials?

What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!
    David - I like this. Latest News fits in with community to be sure - and I agree with you keeping "Loudspeakers" and "Products" separate. I also feel that the 'View Cart' option is very important to your business when dealing with people ordering online. I use it all the time on web sites when ordering, and I want to see it no matter what page I am on so I'm glad your keeping it on for future orders!!!

As for the 'hat', well, I can't speak for everyone, but the fact you are offering new Ascend logo's to ALL customers for just the price of postage should be good enough (it is for me). It's very generous since you've sold a lot of speakers and I'm sure these logo's are not free for you! I'll just have to order my own Ascend hat

Actually, couldn't "latest news", "specials" and "announcements" be items contained in an administrative section in the forum?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-the-dog
    Actually, couldn't "latest news", "specials" and "announcements" be items contained in an administrative section in the forum?
    Most customers visiting the site will never look at the forum, nor do you want to force them to in order to view news of specials. IMHO

^ I agree with Brad.

...after shortening featured products to Products...

simply add Community>Forum menu (in-between support and view cart). it should fit.
    Last edited by metalaaron; 02-04-2005 at 07:36 PM.

I like the new ideas for the menu bar, but IMO, "specials" doesn't really belong under Community. The rest of the stuff (news, announcements, customer testimonials, & the forum) makes sense under Community, but "specials" doesn't quite fit. How about putting "Current Specials" under the Purchase section? That's my only suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    Most customers visiting the site will never look at the forum, nor do you want to force them to in order to view news of specials. IMHO
    Probably true. Myself tho, would rarely search thru the menu bar to see what the latest special, announcement etc is. As a very frequent visitor to the forum I will link directly to there. Unless this info is conveyed in the forum more than likely I won't see it. Sure, it would be only a click away at the top of the page but I would rarely go there unless Dave F gave us a heads up in the forum. For example it appears AV123 reaps a huge amount of sales from repeat customers. The easiest way to communicate to these folks is to post on the forum. I mean, jeez, MLS posts a special and you can watch the sales volume grow right in front of your eyes. In fact, it appears that alot of the specials are available only on the forum and not evident on the website. I really think that the intention at AV123 IS to force folks into the forum. When they see the regulars jumping on the latest intro/special, the fun they're having and the comraderie then the sale becomes easy. Probably needs to be posted both at the home page and on the forum. Maybe DaveF had this in mind anyway.

Randy